“Sufficient, only compliant is” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Austin, Texas
“Sufficient, only compliant is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I didn't find the door men particularly that friendly or welcoming. Also, the breakfast area was somewhat cramped. Other than that, I'm a fan of Hamptons... Nice location near Grant Park if you want to stay in the Loop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Sluckumms,

Thank you for sharing your omments reguarding your most recent visit to the Hampton Majestic in the Chicago Theatre District. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the location of our property as there is plenty of wonderful Chicago staples within walking distance for our guests. Our apologizes for how you felt about valet. I can assure you that this will be brought up to the Bell Captain's attention immediately in effort to make sure that noone feels this way again. Please contact me directly if you would like to talk further about this issue3. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future in order to regain your confidence in us.Please contact me to make your next reservation and I wil be more than happy to upgrade you if available. Thank you, again.

1,060 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent a special occasion at this hotel and it was very nice. Well located, clean, nice room with high ceilings and great welcoming staff. Samantha made the stay extra special for us and it made our weekend. Would suggest this place for anyone wanting a great stay in Chicago! We loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chfijlr,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our property! It was a pleasure taking care of you and glad we were able to exceed your expectations. It is our job to have greawt pride in making our guests feel special and knowing we did just that brings a huge smile to my face. We hope you come back and join us sometime in the near future. If so, please contact me directly so I can help make your next reservation with us. Thank you , again.

Graciously,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was a mere 3 day stay at Hampton when I traveled to Chicago for business. I found the staff really helpful and without any expectations in the form of tip. I was getting a bit late for my meeting and they actually arranged the commute for me and did not charge me anything for it. I always used to look forward to the breakfast with the hot, scrambled eggs and the tasty waffles. The best feature was the Wi-Fi availability at no extra cost and that too with a decent speed. The location of the hotel is such that when you step out of it, you find yourself surrounded by various restaurants, museums and pubs. Even though mine was a mere 3 day stay and I did not have a lot of time on my hands, I couldn’t resist visiting a few of those attractions and restaurants. In total, it was an amazing experience staying at Hamptons for me and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melvin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your most recent experience here at the Hampton Inn Majestic located in the Chicago Theatre District. As you stated, our hotel is centrally located, which made me happy to see that you were able to enjoy the local attractions. We appreiate your loyality and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Graciously,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wonderfully located as near theater, the lake, shops and arts and culture. The staff were extremely helpful and considerate. We were able to work in our rooms during the day using the Internet and then very conveniently party nearby every night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Marylouise C,
Thank you for your comments in reguards to your most recent experience with us here at the Hampton Inn Majestic-Chicago Theatre District. As you mentioned we are conveniently located to the theatres (one being the Bank of America Theatre) which is right off our property. We are happy to hear that you got to enjoy the local attractions and that our team made your experience one to remember. I will be sure to pass along your lovely response to everyone. Thank you, again.

Guest Experiene Manager
Elmwood Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The staff was very kind and helpful. Quick check in/out. I think that this is the only hotel I would stay in and recommend to any of my friends/acquaintances.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Viktor B,
First of all thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience here at the Hampton Inn Majestic. We are happy to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed yourselves! It is our job to exceed our guests expectations and it feels great to know that we are doing just that for each of our guests. Please come visit us again soon, as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our families first trip to Chicago for a family wedding. We had a wonderful time in Chicago and can not wait to come back. The entire staff at the Hampton Majestic was fantastic from the bellman, to the front desk and house keeping. They were all courteous and helpful. The only small complaint was the morning hot breakfast items. Guest would leave the tops open so the eggs, bacon, etc. would get cold. Would stay here again.
It is convenient to everything. It is a short walk to Millenium Park. We rented bikes for two hours and rode along the waterfront. Also take a stop by Willis Tower and experience the Skydeck.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ahs 1996,
Thank yohu for taking the time to review your most recent experience here with us at the Hampton Inn Majestic. We are happy to hear that you chose to stay here with us for your first experience to Chicago with the family. I sincerely apologize for falling short when it came to the hot items for breakfast and will bring this up to the rest of our team to keep a better eye out to ensure the hot quality of what we have out each and every morning. It's hearing feedback like this that makes our team stronger, so thank you again for that. Happy to hear you enjoyed the convenient attractions such as Millenium Park, Willis Tower's Skydeck and biking around with the Divy bikes. Hearing those words "can't wait to come back" makes us all feel great and glad to know that our efforts make impact on our guests. Thank you again, and hope to see you all soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am really pleased that I stayed at Hampton Inn Majestic in Chicago. The fron desk were wonderful when I had a dental problem. They found a dentist nearby and arranged an appointment for me. A huge thank you to front desk for their help during my difficult times in Chicago. I have decided to go back to Chicago and stay at the Hampton Inn Majestic. Next time I will book my theatre ticket in advance though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent experience here with us at the Hampton Inn Majestic. It's wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations while you were here, yet so sorry to hear about your dental issue. We hope you are feeling better. We are happy to hear that we gained your loyality to our property. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Chicagoland area so I personally introduce myself. Make it a great weekend and we will hopefully see you soon!

Hampton Inn Majestic-Chicago Theatre District

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!