The Hampton Majestic Chicago is a really good hotel. It is located just off State on Monroe so you are not very far from about a million things to do. You can take the "L" right in from O'Hare or Midway so you can skip the very expensive shuttle bus from either airport. You are steps from some serious shopping or the Art Institute and Grant Park. (I was there for the Blues Festival, but Chicago is home to many different, free festivals over the summer.) And the hotel sits on top of the Chicago Theatre!
The rooms are a bit small but have very high ceilings so you don't feel cramped. There are only a few rooms per floor so I think that lends to a nice quiet atmosphere. It has the usual Hampton free breakfast and small computer area. This area is extremely small so a bit uncomfortable for breakfast particularly if there are children. But you can take your food back to the room to avoid the chaos.
Front desk staff was lovely and very helpful. On a Saturday afternoon they recommended I try to get one of the "raffle tickets" for the Book of Mormon as it was sold out. Brilliant idea - I got a ticket for only $25 for that evening! Keep that in mind if you arrive without tickets.
I had planned to stay at the Palmer House about 200 yards away but after getting a room downgrade - changed to the Hampton. I am so happy I did. I saved money and got a much better experience at my new place to stay in Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Hotel
- Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago
- Chicago Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary hotel located in the heart of the Chicago Theatre District, our 135 well-appointed guest rooms offer travelers the Hampton experience that is known throughout the hospitality industry for giving guest a fantastic experience with Hamptonality. Our boutique style hotel offers a sophisticated blend of historic Chicago & cosmopolitan flair. While the Majestic Building’s original 1906-style architecture still embodies elements of its rich history, the hotel’s amenities are tailored for the 21st-century traveler. All our rooms are nonsmoking & feature complimentary internet access & our signature “Clean & Fresh” bed. Start your day with our complimentary “Hampton on the House” hot breakfast. Offered daily, our delicious, self-serve hot breakfast features a rotating hot item including all of your morning favorites from eggs, bacon or sausage. Each day you can enjoy make-your-own fresh waffles, cereals & pastries, seasonal fruit, juice & freshly brewed coffee.Our helpful staff looks forward to making your experience in Chicago a great one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.