“An awesome jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“An awesome jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staff, location, value, comfort - this property has it all. Excellent concierge staff for suggestions and friendly doormen as you go by.

Easy walking distance (200 yards) to both the Blue and Red line subway stations. This means you can travel in from O'Hare for $4.50 (two time s2.25) or $40 in a cab and watch the sites.

Breakfast is fair fare and other spots just out the door, no shortage of course for full dining.Don't miss the deliscious (complimentary) cookies available as late afternoon snack with tea or coffee. Easy log-in to free WiFi. Great bed, comfortable sized seating and desk, well lit.

Room Tip: Find out if high school or college kids are around - ones we saw were very polite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
DeValera15,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. We love to hear the word Excellent! It sounds like you had an amazing experience with us and we can't wait to welcome you back!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

1,051 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently stayed in this hotel for our first trip to Chicago. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. We stayed on a top floor and got a decent enough view (tall building next door blocks almost everything but we still had a pretty view) I loved the dark decor - the wall color and lighting were perfect - not dark to a dungeon feel but romantic and if I needed more light (for doing my makeup ect) I used the bathroom. Great high Ceilings. Everything was spotless! I'm pretty picky about feeling clean in a hotel and our room was as comfortable as my bedroom at home ! My fiancé and both agreed even with a pillowtop mattress at home it was the most comfortable bed we ever slept in !

The staff was always very polite - ecspecially the door men. They would grab us cabs, ask us about our day, and recommended us to an amazingly fun piano bar called Howl at the Moon where we had a blast! Although it was a lot of walking - we made it to the Navy Pier, the Tower and to the aquarium - so it's do-able!

My only very small complaint was we checked in very late and the front desk didnt give us much info before we got out keys - like they had a gym which we would have liked to have taken advantage of.

When traveling to and from the airport use the blue line train - it's only $2.50 and saved us a lot of money ! I do wish we would have had a better map of the trains stops and locations because we did take a cab every night to and from dinner.

Overall we had no worries and no problems the place was great and clean and has a variety of breakfast food :)

• Stayed November 2012
Murph0904,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. "No worries" & "no problems* are what we strive for! I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been staying at the Hampton Inn Majestic every month for the past 18 months due to my employment. The quality of service, rooms, and breakfast items are consistantly excellent. The entire staff always makes me feel welcome and go out of their way to ensure my stays are comfortable and enjoyable. The location is fantastic - just a block or two from Berghoff's, Miller's Pub and other outstanding restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
22WindyCityWarrior,

We love hearing from our Windy City Warrior! Thanks for stopping back in on Trip Advisor to write another Great Review! We love having you with us and always look forward to welcoming you home each time! See you soon!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wonderful place. The king suite with microwave and fridge is excellent. I got alot of work done and also had plenty of room to relax with a desk and a full couch. Staff is so friendly and remembers everything you discuss with them--like staying with friends. Each floor has only a few rooms so little noise from folks coming and going. Can't imagine a better place to stay downtown. Only thing that could be improved is the windows which don't block much sound.

Room Tip: King suite if you need extra room or like to keep snacks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
rosied8181,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. Wonderful, Excellent and Great are words we love to hear! We can't wait to welcome you back for another Chicago Adventure!

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great location, breakfast included, VERY accommodating staff. I chose a bigger than normal room which was good, since we stayed for four days. It had a fold out couch. We didn't need the fold-out but the extra room and the couch were nice. The lobby is not on the ground floor which is a bit odd, sorta European. But the bellmen on the ground floor were always there as we came and went and were pleasant and helpful. The staff stored our luggage after check-out with no problem and we were sorry to leave. The price was right, too.

Room Tip: We stayed on the street side which we seldom do, because of noise. We didn't hear anything.
TxStar

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us and that we were the perfect choice!

Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was very nice, classic Hampton Inn style. The rooms were comfortable and clean. You have to have a room key to activate the elevator to access the floors that have rooms, which is a good security feature. The breakfast is the classic Hampton Inn offerings, which can get you off to a good start. I observed the desk clerks handle a number of requests and they were very friendly and seemed very helpful. I had a room on the "inside", did not face the street but the back side of the building facing, so it was quiet, which was great for me.
There are many, many restaurants all around the hotel, and several of them will deliver to the hotel, if you would like "room service".

Room Tip: We found easy access from the airport via the Blue line CTA, depart at the Monroe stop. If you have...
cynspeed,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we can't wait to welcome you back for your next Chicago Adventure!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thanks to the good reviews on trip advisor I booked a three night stay at the Hampton Majestic. What a wonderful find. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed; no mobs of people anywhere. I never encountered lines of travelers waiting to checkin or at the elevator. The room was clean and had a lot of modern touches. I was on the 12th floor, but only had a view of an office building across the street. The first night I noticed the street noise, but by the second night I slept through it all. The location was great, just around the corner from the O'hare Train (Blue line). It is also close to the red line and the elevated train lines.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RossGuthrie, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
John550,

So glad you found the “Great Find” of Hampton Majestic! We are proud of our team members that you found to be so helpful. I’m happy you enjoyed your clean room on the 12th floor.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago from Minneapolis!

Graciously,

Ross Guthrie

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!