My fiancé and I recently stayed in this hotel for our first trip to Chicago. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. We stayed on a top floor and got a decent enough view (tall building next door blocks almost everything but we still had a pretty view) I loved the dark decor - the wall color and lighting were perfect - not dark to a dungeon feel but romantic and if I needed more light (for doing my makeup ect) I used the bathroom. Great high Ceilings. Everything was spotless! I'm pretty picky about feeling clean in a hotel and our room was as comfortable as my bedroom at home ! My fiancé and both agreed even with a pillowtop mattress at home it was the most comfortable bed we ever slept in !
The staff was always very polite - ecspecially the door men. They would grab us cabs, ask us about our day, and recommended us to an amazingly fun piano bar called Howl at the Moon where we had a blast! Although it was a lot of walking - we made it to the Navy Pier, the Tower and to the aquarium - so it's do-able!
My only very small complaint was we checked in very late and the front desk didnt give us much info before we got out keys - like they had a gym which we would have liked to have taken advantage of.
When traveling to and from the airport use the blue line train - it's only $2.50 and saved us a lot of money ! I do wish we would have had a better map of the trains stops and locations because we did take a cab every night to and from dinner.
Overall we had no worries and no problems the place was great and clean and has a variety of breakfast food :)
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Hotel
- Hampton Inn Chicago
- Chicago Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary hotel located in the heart of the Chicago Theatre District, our 135 well-appointed guest rooms offer travelers the Hampton experience that is known throughout the hospitality industry for giving guest a fantastic experience with Hamptonality. Our boutique style hotel offers a sophisticated blend of historic Chicago & cosmopolitan flair. While the Majestic Building’s original 1906-style architecture still embodies elements of its rich history, the hotel’s amenities are tailored for the 21st-century traveler. All our rooms are nonsmoking & feature complimentary internet access & our signature “Clean & Fresh” bed. Start your day with our complimentary “Hampton on the House” hot breakfast. Offered daily, our delicious, self-serve hot breakfast features a rotating hot item including all of your morning favorites from eggs, bacon or sausage. Each day you can enjoy make-your-own fresh waffles, cereals & pastries, seasonal fruit, juice & freshly brewed coffee.Our helpful staff looks forward to making your experience in Chicago a great one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.