“Great, great, great.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Savannah, Georgia
“Great, great, great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wonderful place. The king suite with microwave and fridge is excellent. I got alot of work done and also had plenty of room to relax with a desk and a full couch. Staff is so friendly and remembers everything you discuss with them--like staying with friends. Each floor has only a few rooms so little noise from folks coming and going. Can't imagine a better place to stay downtown. Only thing that could be improved is the windows which don't block much sound.

Room Tip: King suite if you need extra room or like to keep snacks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
rosied8181,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. Wonderful, Excellent and Great are words we love to hear! We can't wait to welcome you back for another Chicago Adventure!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great location, breakfast included, VERY accommodating staff. I chose a bigger than normal room which was good, since we stayed for four days. It had a fold out couch. We didn't need the fold-out but the extra room and the couch were nice. The lobby is not on the ground floor which is a bit odd, sorta European. But the bellmen on the ground floor were always there as we came and went and were pleasant and helpful. The staff stored our luggage after check-out with no problem and we were sorry to leave. The price was right, too.

Room Tip: We stayed on the street side which we seldom do, because of noise. We didn't hear anything.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TxStar

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us and that we were the perfect choice!

Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was very nice, classic Hampton Inn style. The rooms were comfortable and clean. You have to have a room key to activate the elevator to access the floors that have rooms, which is a good security feature. The breakfast is the classic Hampton Inn offerings, which can get you off to a good start. I observed the desk clerks handle a number of requests and they were very friendly and seemed very helpful. I had a room on the "inside", did not face the street but the back side of the building facing, so it was quiet, which was great for me.
There are many, many restaurants all around the hotel, and several of them will deliver to the hotel, if you would like "room service".

Room Tip: We found easy access from the airport via the Blue line CTA, depart at the Monroe stop. If you have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cynspeed,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we can't wait to welcome you back for your next Chicago Adventure!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thanks to the good reviews on trip advisor I booked a three night stay at the Hampton Majestic. What a wonderful find. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed; no mobs of people anywhere. I never encountered lines of travelers waiting to checkin or at the elevator. The room was clean and had a lot of modern touches. I was on the 12th floor, but only had a view of an office building across the street. The first night I noticed the street noise, but by the second night I slept through it all. The location was great, just around the corner from the O'hare Train (Blue line). It is also close to the red line and the elevated train lines.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RossGuthrie, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
John550,

So glad you found the “Great Find” of Hampton Majestic! We are proud of our team members that you found to be so helpful. I’m happy you enjoyed your clean room on the 12th floor.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago from Minneapolis!

Graciously,

Ross Guthrie
Grand Terrace, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I got to the hotel at 6:30am I was beat, i was just hoping to be able to drop my bags off since check in wasn't for 10 more hours. But i was able to check in, i cant tell you how thankful i was for that!! Every person i encountered at the front desk was not only helpful but kind and funny. Most times i found myself talking to them for 15-20 min. The room was great so clean, I always travel with a sleep sack. this is the first time ive never unpacked it. the beds were amazing. i was in chicago to see some concerts so i was out late and slept in most mornings and missed housekeeping. but, they placed a basket by my door with new towels, coffee, and soaps. what a great idea i didn't have to call down later for anything they thought of it all. the location was amazing i have a fear of the subway. but the EL picks up at right at the airport i didn't have to change train or anything and once i got off the train the hotel was a one min walk away. I walked all over the city it was the perfect location. being alone in the city and going out late at night i always let the valet know and it made me feel more comfortable. Ill be back in chicago next year and this is the only place i would consider staying. i know some people said the noise was a problem. i never noticed it. i was on the 19th floor

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
rockabillyQueen,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. I am so glad early check in was available for you after a long day and we can't wait to have you back!!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had stayed in 2 other places but had to find new accommodation due to no vacancies in these. On the net I found the Hampton Inn Majestic and what a good find. The hotel was perfectly located for me, the rooms were immaculate and the staff were just great. The breakfast included in the tariff was the best I've seen, internet in the room was included and when I had to reprint my airline ticket the facility was there waiting for me. There was a coffee maker in the room and complimentary coffee or tea on tap all day in the lobby. It is a block walk to the Blue Line subway and a $2.25 ride to O'Hare Airport.
If I come back to Chicago it will be my first stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Douglas J,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. So sorry that you had to stay due to the weather, but we were definitely glad to have you! We at least know you were in a safe place during such a storm! If you ever come back to the Chicago land area, we would be more than happy to accommodate you again and again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If a beautiful clean and quiet room with comfortable bedding, a large flat screen TV and free wifi isn't enough for you; add a bountiful complimentary breakfast buffet, service with a smile from the entry door and the front desk to the General Manager and the room staff. Still want more? Add central location with a 1/2 block distance from the Blue line which brings you directly from O'Hare. Three other "L" lines are a block or two from the hotel and the B of A Theater is in the same building! Given the very reasonable rates, this is a hotel stay that shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Steve B,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking out the time to give us such a nice review. We really praise our staff for their great services they present to our guests, so thank you for acknowledging our amazing staff! If you ever come to Chicago and choose to stay with us, you shall always receive exceptional service because that is what makes our guests feel comfortable and welcome!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!