“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District

You added Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District to your Saves list
Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park/Play Discount
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tx
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was very nice, classic Hampton Inn style. The rooms were comfortable and clean. You have to have a room key to activate the elevator to access the floors that have rooms, which is a good security feature. The breakfast is the classic Hampton Inn offerings, which can get you off to a good start. I observed the desk clerks handle a number of requests and they were very friendly and seemed very helpful. I had a room on the "inside", did not face the street but the back side of the building facing, so it was quiet, which was great for me.
There are many, many restaurants all around the hotel, and several of them will deliver to the hotel, if you would like "room service".

Room Tip: We found easy access from the airport via the Blue line CTA, depart at the Monroe stop. If you have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
cynspeed,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we can't wait to welcome you back for your next Chicago Adventure!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thanks to the good reviews on trip advisor I booked a three night stay at the Hampton Majestic. What a wonderful find. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed; no mobs of people anywhere. I never encountered lines of travelers waiting to checkin or at the elevator. The room was clean and had a lot of modern touches. I was on the 12th floor, but only had a view of an office building across the street. The first night I noticed the street noise, but by the second night I slept through it all. The location was great, just around the corner from the O'hare Train (Blue line). It is also close to the red line and the elevated train lines.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RossGuthrie, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
John550,

So glad you found the “Great Find” of Hampton Majestic! We are proud of our team members that you found to be so helpful. I’m happy you enjoyed your clean room on the 12th floor.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago from Minneapolis!

Graciously,

Ross Guthrie
Grand Terrace, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I got to the hotel at 6:30am I was beat, i was just hoping to be able to drop my bags off since check in wasn't for 10 more hours. But i was able to check in, i cant tell you how thankful i was for that!! Every person i encountered at the front desk was not only helpful but kind and funny. Most times i found myself talking to them for 15-20 min. The room was great so clean, I always travel with a sleep sack. this is the first time ive never unpacked it. the beds were amazing. i was in chicago to see some concerts so i was out late and slept in most mornings and missed housekeeping. but, they placed a basket by my door with new towels, coffee, and soaps. what a great idea i didn't have to call down later for anything they thought of it all. the location was amazing i have a fear of the subway. but the EL picks up at right at the airport i didn't have to change train or anything and once i got off the train the hotel was a one min walk away. I walked all over the city it was the perfect location. being alone in the city and going out late at night i always let the valet know and it made me feel more comfortable. Ill be back in chicago next year and this is the only place i would consider staying. i know some people said the noise was a problem. i never noticed it. i was on the 19th floor

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
rockabillyQueen,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. I am so glad early check in was available for you after a long day and we can't wait to have you back!!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had stayed in 2 other places but had to find new accommodation due to no vacancies in these. On the net I found the Hampton Inn Majestic and what a good find. The hotel was perfectly located for me, the rooms were immaculate and the staff were just great. The breakfast included in the tariff was the best I've seen, internet in the room was included and when I had to reprint my airline ticket the facility was there waiting for me. There was a coffee maker in the room and complimentary coffee or tea on tap all day in the lobby. It is a block walk to the Blue Line subway and a $2.25 ride to O'Hare Airport.
If I come back to Chicago it will be my first stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Douglas J,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. So sorry that you had to stay due to the weather, but we were definitely glad to have you! We at least know you were in a safe place during such a storm! If you ever come back to the Chicago land area, we would be more than happy to accommodate you again and again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If a beautiful clean and quiet room with comfortable bedding, a large flat screen TV and free wifi isn't enough for you; add a bountiful complimentary breakfast buffet, service with a smile from the entry door and the front desk to the General Manager and the room staff. Still want more? Add central location with a 1/2 block distance from the Blue line which brings you directly from O'Hare. Three other "L" lines are a block or two from the hotel and the B of A Theater is in the same building! Given the very reasonable rates, this is a hotel stay that shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Steve B,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking out the time to give us such a nice review. We really praise our staff for their great services they present to our guests, so thank you for acknowledging our amazing staff! If you ever come to Chicago and choose to stay with us, you shall always receive exceptional service because that is what makes our guests feel comfortable and welcome!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our king room was exceptionally clean, well-maintained, and quiet. (I did ask for an upper floor room away from the elevator.) The staff, especially Oscar at the front desk, were all cheerful and helpful. The free breakfast buffet offered omelets, sausage or bacon, fruit, cereals, yogurt, etc. and was continually stocked. As others have mentioned, the hotel is close to el stops (Monroe-Blue and Monroe-Red), but there was no train or traffic noise in our room. There is only valet parking, $42 per day, which is reasonable for Chicago hotels. However, one minor drawback was that there is no grand entrance, only a few drop-off spaces at the curb on a busy one-way street. The actual front desk/lobby is some floors up. This hotel is definitely a good choice for a moderately priced, but not luxurious, accommodation in the Loop/Theater District. If you like staying in Hampton Inns, this is one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Czephyr,

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant experience here at Hampton Majestic! We are a boutique hotel with not huge, but very comfortable rooms. There are few rooms per floor, so it does seem to make it a little quieter for our guests, and most people do not hear the street noise. Being that our rooms are up high, you are most likely are going to hear little to no noise. And being in a downtown hotel with high traffic volume makes it a plus when you can sleep peacefully as if you are in a cottage with neighbors a mile away!!! Thank you for your great review!!!

New Palestine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a quick fall break getaway, and we used hiltonhonors points to pay for our stay. This hotel has a very handy location if you arrive in Chicago through union station (we do) and if you do the aquarium, natural history museum,art museum, and Navy Pier. It was such a nice day when we went to navy pier that we walked back to the hotel. If it's not a nice day, it's an easy bus ride with the bus stops very close to the hotel. We did find that when the weather was rainy, we gave up and took a taxi to the water tower area and it wasn't too pricey, but this also would be a nice walk on a good weather day! The hotel itself was possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at (tip the maid service well....they do a FABULOUS job!) I am a bit of a germaphobe, and my search of the room, bedding, and bathroom found it to be spotless! There was also no heavy scent of cleaner, which is nice as that usually sets my daughter's asthma off. We had a two queen bed room, and found it to have plenty of space. I read some reviews that did not like the "red" walls, however, we found them to be very restful and calming. They aren't a bright red more of a tasteful burnt sienna or spice color, and the room furniture is very unobtrusive and sleek. I felt that with the cleanliness and the great central location that this would be an ideal hotel for families with young children, however, we didn't see any during our stay, it was mainly a business crowd. The free breakfast was good, they had hot oatmeal every morning, and the typical cold pastries, plus a make your own waffle station which my daughter loved. What really made this hotel stand out was the staff, from the moment we arrived the bellman and front desk staff were extremely helpful. Every day the front desk staff took time to get me directions, maps and give me great suggestions! The bellmen took the time to get me turned around and started in the right direction (I am directionally challenged!), And the maid service was especially friendly, and made sure we had everything we needed in our room! And after we checked out, when we returned to pick up our luggage to leave, the wonderful young lady at the front desk made sure my daughter had a fresh baked cookie "for the road". The only complaint I could even think of, would be that the business travelers got up earlier than we did, and I could hear every room door slam as they exited (we never heard any "in room" noise), this woke me up, but not my daughter. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AmyNewPalestine,

We are so glad you chose to stay with us to explore our wonderful city!!! This is a big and fun place with lots of things to do; it’s hard to get bored! The transportation system in Chicago is pretty spectacular. You can pretty much get anywhere in Chicago and some surrounding areas by public transportation. This is always a plus for guests that travel into the city by train or plane. A lot of attractions are in pretty close distance, so yes on good day walking is definitely an option for most downtown attractions.

Thank you so much for your kind words towards our staff as a whole. We strive to do our best! We praise all of our employees, and it keeps them motivated to do their best, and it reflects on how our guests are treated as well. So thank you again, and we will definitely make sure that all of our staff knows about your wonderful review, and how you praised them! We can't wait to see you for your next Chicago adventure!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!