“Great Service and Comfortable Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District

You added Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District to your Saves list
Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park/Play Discount
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Service and Comfortable Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is an outstanding hotel and a bargain to boot! The cleaning staff, front desk and doormen are all extremely nice and will go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. The rooms are clean and QUIET! I couldn't even tell there was anyone else on my floor. The location is top notch, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
mjfromva040,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. Our entire team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. Hearing about your experience makes me think they did an amazing job! Great Service and Cleanliness are two of the things we focus on the most and to hear straight from wonderful guests like you that we are doing a great job is priceless to us! Thank you again!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here in June whilst on our first visit to Chicago. Picked out this hotel because it's part of the Hampton Inn chain & for it's central location. It's positioned perfectly between the blue subway line which we used to & from O'hare airport & the red line which we used to get up to see the Cubs baseball against the Red Sox.
We used Hampton Inn's in 7 locations on our trip to North America & loved all of them. Free Wi-Fi & breakfast with very comfortable beds without a top end price. I'd recommend them to anyone. Also, the staff here were very helpful with our questions & storing our bags whilst at the baseball. Apart from having to use the subway to the baseball we were able to walk from here to everything else we wanted to see including the Willis Tower, Union stn & Navy pier. Very big room (1805) with high ceilings & very little discernible noise from either the street or the hallway. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ecocars,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your trip and our beautiful city. I have to say, you did make a great choice in us and adding convenience to a hotel experience is a big plus! There is so much to do and see in this city that we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My son and and I had a 4 night boys trip here in August to basically see baseball, visit some museums, etc. The location is perfect with direct connections to Wrigley and the White Sox park. There is even a City bus to the Museum of Science and Technology out of the city center. We bought a 3 day transit pass and buzzed around the city at will. Breakfast inclcluded, free WIFI, helpful staff, computer in the lobby - really nothing negative to say. At around $200 a night might be expensive for a Hampton, but honestly its probably better than a typical Hampton. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Croxford64,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the highlights of your recent experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I think you did all of my favorite Chicago things in one trip! (Don't worry, there's so much more to do and see!) However, it sounds like you had a really fun boys adventure and we are so glad to hear it! Maybe next time you can fit in either The Bears, The Bulls, or The Black hawks?

Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed her as the 5th hotel on a four-week trip. I was tired and ready to go home, but I had a critical business event. The staff at the Hampton Inn went out of there way to ensure I was well cared for.

When I came "home" that first night, I found that housekeeping had organized all my things making my room more comfortable. The front desk clerk insisted on ordering me soup one night when I hadn't eaten after a 16-hour work day.

The rooms are comfortable and the lap desk is one of my favorite amenities. The breakfast has good variety. Free wi-fi makes it easier to keep in touch.

• Stayed October 2012
SHerriKR,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I am so glad you felt at home during your stay, that is something we work very hard towards for each guest and it sounds like our team hit it out of the ballpark for you! We can't wait to welcome you back for your next Chicago trip!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and kind words!

londonderry,nh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Room was basic. Clean linens. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was ok, could have been cleaner. Valet and front desk personel very pleasant and efficient.Breakfast included was a plus. Good Location. Free M&M's in gumball machine on 20th floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
pdbkd,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Both are very important to us!

Coimbra, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am HHonours member and I chose this hotel for our stay in Chicago based on price and location.The location couldn `t be better.Few steps from Millenium Park , Museums,Symphony Center and walking distance to North Michigan Avenue and even to Navy Pier.Around the corner from two metro stations ( blue line to O ´Hare and red line) and lots of buses to everywhere.Shops and restaurants close by.
Few days before our stay I sent an email to the hotel to ask for an early check-in. We took a night train from Pittsburgh to Chicago Union Station and arrived at 9 am.The reception staff was fantastic,welcomed us with a smile and had our room ready for us as soon as we arrived.We stayed 3 nights at the last week of August and all the time the reception staff was kind and helpful.
The room was spacious,clean,comfortable and quiet.Free hi-fi and two computers in the lobby for guests use.The big problem was the breakfast.The food was quite good but there is not enough tables for all guests.You must go for the breakfast very early ( before 9 am) or it is impossible to get a table available.One morning we went few minutes after 9 am and had no table.We went back to the room and tried to have the breakfast at 9:20am. No way!At 9:40 am we were able to get a space but there was no bread,fruit salad and others items. The breakfast is until 10 am!! I asked the breakfast staff for some bread and the rude and unhelpful lady told me that the breakfast is over!!I After I insist that I still have 20 min to eat she went to get some bread. An other guest asked for fruit salad but it never came...
We had a dinner at the nearby Exchequer Restaurant & Pub before a concert in Symphony Center and ate a delicious big Pizza!Tried also Big Bowl at Ohio Street close to North Michigan Avenue and loved the Chinese/ Thai food.
Went to Old Town Chicago...lovely!The Art Institute of Chicago is one of the best museums of the world and the Millenium Park is amazing. This city is absolutely wonderful!We will return for sure...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Margarida,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your time with us! it seems like you were very pleased with the majority of you experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience of the Breakfast area being so crowded. We are fully remodeling the lobby this winter and are excited that we will have more seating available for our guests. I have followed up with my team and we were glad to use your review in some of our training topics this month.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel delivered in all respects. The beds were unusually comfortable. The staff is friendly. The location is ideal - easy walking distance to many attractions. We loved this hotel and will stay here next time.

• Stayed October 2012
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Irenetheinformed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!