“Loved the ceviche” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carnivale

Carnivale
702 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607 (The Loop)
(312) 850-5005
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carnivale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 8,264 restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Loop
Cross street: Halsted
Transit: Bus: The #8 Halsted at Fulton Market/Lake: 2 minute walk The # 65 Grand Avenue at Desplaines:10 minute walk The # 56 Milwaukee stops at Fulton/Desplaines: 2 minute walk Train: The Blue Line at Milwaukee/Grand: 10 minute walk The Pink Line at Clinton: 5 min walk The Green Line at Clinton: 5 min walk
Madison, Wisconsin
“Loved the ceviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am always on the lookout for good ceviche and I have to say I really enjoyed the ceviche at Carnivale. I went there with 4 co-workers; we all enjoyed our meals although they weren't quite as lovely as the ceviche. The prices were kind of high, as others have mentioned, but I did leave with leftovers. The atmosphere is so unique that it definitely matches the name. Everyone should go there at least once just to experience the place--definitely one of a kind.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
“Business meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently visit with tow business associates. We started with a trio of ceviche which was tasty if a little small. We all ordered the streak and it was prepared to perfection. The service was very attentive and the the energy was lively. Although i enjoyed my meal very much Carnivale may be more a special occasion location than a business meal location. A bit noisy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Pricey..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went here for the first time and was blown away by the atmosphere with the samba music, food and how it looks like a rainbow blew up inside the restaurant! The second time we came, I was disappointed. The food is good, but not as good as how expensive it is. I was also disappointed with the place. They are supposed to have samba music playing and etc. and they had what you can hear on the radio playing in the restaurant. It wasn't what I remembered it being and I wished I went elsewhere for my birthday dinner. Probably wont be going back. It's a nice place to go "just to see what it's like" but thats about it.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun & Festive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took the kids here for my birthday celebration. Showed up at 5 without a reservation on a Saturday. They were fully booked, but still managed to accommodate us in the bar area and a big sit down table. We had a 50/50 hit rate with the food. Plantain soup, flank steak, cotton candy dessert and some of the drinks were awesome. Fish and chicken dinners were just so-so. The valet, hostess, and waitress were all very nice and helpful. I would return. This place is fun.

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding Overall Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wow! What a lively atmosphere. Love the bright vibrant colors & music with a latin/carribean twist. We were greeted with a friendly smile & seated in the middle of this colorful room the perfect place to take it all in. Jackie took care of us for the evening & did a great job, no question went unasked. The trio of Ceviche was amazing; my favorite of the 3 - the Kampachi. For Dinner I had The Paella, what great flavors and my guest had steak that was cooked to perfection.
Our thanks to Chef David who introduced himself and Mgr. Andrea for checking in. This is truly a great dining experience. Waiting for one to open in Los Angeles. Thank you again.

• Visited January 2013