“My favorite popcorn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nuts on Clark

Nuts on Clark
3830 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60613 (Lakeview)
773-549-6622
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 137 shopping in Chicago
Type: Specialty Shops, Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Nuts on Clark offers gourmet popcorn in gift baskets and tins
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“My favorite popcorn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love this popcorn. Usually, I purchase at O’Hare airport, but my last experience, I was able to purchase at Union Station. It is so worth it. I love the triple mix (butter, cheese, and caramel). After a native Chicagoan recommended and prefers Nuts on Clark popcorn over Garrett's popcorn. One day while waiting on my flight at O’Hare, I did a taste test between the two: Nuts on Clark won out and won my heart. I love the freshness of the popcorn and the flavors are just right for me. I recommend that you try it while in Chicago. They also will ship popcorn to you too. I haven't tried the nuts, but plan to in the near future.

Visited July 2012

Grand Rapids, MI
“This is my guilty pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I really can't help you with a review of anything other than their cashew caramel corn. I'm sorry about that. A true Chicago experience would include a mixture of carmel, cheese and buttered corn. I hear that it's delightful. I say to heck with that! GIVE ME CASHEW CARAMEL CORN! OH PLEASE!

I bought three bags on my last trip to give away as gifts. Ok, I gave away two and kept one, but give me at least SOME credit. Both friends admitted later that they nibbled a little and then ate their entire bag in one sitting. Yeah. It's that good.

I've never seen the store on Clark street, but they have a shop in O'hare that beckons every time I'm there. Is there a 12-step program for this?

Visited October 2011
Wetumpka, Alabama
28 attraction reviews
“The Best Cheese Popcorn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

There several locations in Chicago. We visited the outlet in Midway Airport. GET THE CHEESE POPCORN. It is a touch expensive, but is well worth it. I got a pound, and I almost ate it all waiting for the plane at the gate. My wife insists that you have got to mix the cheese with the carmel corn. In any case, this was the best cheese popcorn I have ever had, and I am originally from Wisconsin! This statement isn't taken lightly from a cheesehead to say about something from Chicago, but I did choose my wife from that city, too...

Visited October 2011
Garden City, New York
“Not Recommended -- No Good at All and Overpriced -- Don't be Nuts”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stopped by the Nuts on Clark at Chicago Midway and bought a large bag of their "Butter Toffee Pecans" at $15.99 per pound. What an absolutely AWFUL mistake!!! I'm a person who really appreciates (and is willing to pay for) higher quality pecans, cashews, walnuts -- you name it -- and I have never seen anything so completely amateur from an operation that bills itself as some sort of nut expert. These guys are a joke -- poseurs in the fullest sense. The toffee pecans I bought were just gross -- big, nasty, hard sugar bombs coating a mediocre pecan that you could hardly guess was even there under all the tooth-cracking sugar coating. "And "big" only in the sense of the way overly-thick sugar coating -- not big in terms of the little pecan remnant buried in the middle (sugar is listed as #1 ingredient and it's just overwhelming -- I threw the bag away after choking down about 5 nuts). No sense of balance with these guys -- rather, they probably just know that sugar costs much less per pound than pecans, so guess what they load up on? Not pecans, I assure you. Last time I grocery shopped I got a 5 pound bag of sugar for 3 bucks -- so save your money and just do that -- not much of a difference at all -- neither raw sugar nor these things taste like pecans. People in Chicago must be a bunch of fools to let these guys bill themselves as even remotely good and get away with it. If you want pecans, cashews, almonds, etc., you're far better off looking for a sale at Walgreens -- not high quality there either, but at least it's priced accordingly and you're not getting ripped off like you are with Nuts on Clark.

Visited August 2011
Iwantmore
“Sweet Ambrosia before leaving Midway Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

An unbelieveable find... unfortunately right before our plane left Chicago. I have never before experienced such a flawless bag of perfectly popped kernels. I WANT MORE!!!