“You are paying for the view and what a view it is!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Signature Lounge

Signature Lounge
875 N. Michigan Avenue, John Hancock Center, Chicago, IL (Magnificent Mile)
312-787-7230
Ranked #81 of 953 things to do in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando
30 attraction reviews
“You are paying for the view and what a view it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Drinks, although decent, were spendy and the appy's mediocre, but none of that mattered with such views of the city, especially at sunset and at night. We gladly paid the "price of admission". Our waitress was ridiculously good-seems like she had our rounds out in 2 minutes flat! She and the bar were on it! Claimed it was a slow night (Sun), but we still appreciated her attentiveness.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“Chicago's Best Side Car Martini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Best martini ever!!!!! They do a great job on drinks and the view is fabulous - food, eh. Stay about an hour to take in view and has clean bathrooms too.

Visited May 2013
NJ, USA
14 attraction reviews
“Awesome view ... That's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Awesome view (especially at night), but that is about it. The drinks are small, average and expensive. The service was okay. The decor is extremely dated. The lighting is dim and depressing.

Worth going to for one drink to see the view. You get a great view up and down the lakeside. But then find one of the great other bars in Chicago to go deep into the night.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“View = Great; Everything Else = Eh...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited this place on a weekend in the early afternoon, and the place was packed! - If you don't have a reservation, expect to wait in line to get a seat. We were fortunate to get arguably the best seating in the place which was great (beside people non-stop asking you to take their pictures!). The drinks were expensive and mediocre, but the view was amazing. I would suggest going for a drink, but then eating elsewhere.

Ballwin, Missouri
“Worst service I've ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here for a bite of food and a drink on my birthday with my brand new fiancee and another couple. The waitress, Tonya, came by our table and gave us about 5 seconds to make a drink decision before leaving without taking our order. She didn't welcome us or greet us, walked up said, "What do you want?", then rolled her eyes and walked away when we said we needed a moment to get settled. Tonya then took 20 minutes to return to get our drink and food order. My fiancee just wanted a glass of water after a long day of walking around and you would have assumed that she had personally insulted Tonya. Tonya just stared a hole through my fiancee. We then had to stop her from walking away after taking our drink order so we could order our food.

Tonya then returned with our drinks, announces what drink she had in her hand (not making eye contact and looking she wanted to be anywhere but there) proceeded to slam them down on the table after we had to say which one was ours. Then the food came and the baked brie plate was missing the dried fruit from the plate. When we were able finally stop Tonya and asked her if fruit was supposed to come with the dish she stated "No" and tried to walk away. We stopped her again before she left and showed her on the menu where it said fruits came with it. Tonya then said "That's not my problem. I don't work in the kitchen." and proceeded to walk away.

I was shocked by the service and felt like we were an inconvenient problem that Tonya had to deal with before we gave her our money. This wasn't just to our table either. I witnessed the table next to us receive the same treatment from Tonya. I couldn't find anyone who seemed to care to help. No management could be seen only "bouncers" and "doormen" walking around. I like to come to Chicago once a year and I will never return to this establishment.