“Wonderful Opportunity to See Live Music” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 301 Activities in Chicago
Type: Performances
DFW
24 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Opportunity to See Live Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

When I was in Chicago with a group someone made arrangements for the group to see a concert at this venue. Honestly, I was not excited and thought about begging off. I am so glad I didn't. We were treated to a concert by Juancho Herrera, a Colombian and Venezuelan guitarist/vocalist. This was entirely outside of my musical experience, and I really enjoyed listening and watching the very talented musicians. For those who enjoy good live music that is very affordable, I highly recommend checking this place out. We looked at upcoming concerts and I was disappointed that I would not be in town to attend them.

Visited January 2014

Chicago IL
50 attraction reviews
“Songs of Good Cheer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Mary Schmich and Eric Zorn of The Chicago Tribune have been leading Christmas Carols for fifteen years and this is the first year we bought tickets early enough to this sell out event. What fun! With members of the staff of the School on stage and the crowd festively dressed, we rejoiced and sung together with gusto. A great program and for a good cause…Merry Christmas!!

Visited December 2013
Northglenn, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
“Harmonica Blow Down blows off our socks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Lucky us to be in town when the Old Town School of Folk Music has invited Johnny Sansone to play with several local Blues Harmonica players. The locals were great and Johnny was super. The School is a vibrant community of music-loving people and the shows they sponsor all sound engaging.

Visited September 2013
Des Plaines, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Fun & Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Love all types of music, fun to meet the artist after the show. The building was the old neighborhood libarary back in before they moved in so the building is facinating

Visited August 2013
Dwight, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Bookings below par!? (Revised review)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This used to be my fave venue but as of late, I have found the quality of entertainment has fallen considerably. Could be because of SPACE in Evanston and City Winery in Chicago who seem to have taken the acts that used to go to Old Town. It's a shame as I love Old Town and its location.

Visited October 2012