“Better to shop online” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Primitive
130 North Jefferson Street, Chicago, IL 60661 (West Loop)
312-575-9600
Improve this listing
Ranked #582 of 953 things to do in Chicago
Vancouver, Canada
“Better to shop online”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Primitive has beautiful items. You will enjoy your visit if you treat it like a museum, but not a store. I (fortunately) checked prices for the same items on the Internet when I got home and discovered that they were marked up about 1000%. I almost bought a string of African glass beads for $125 and found there are hundreds of identical strands available for under $20. The African movie posters, which Primitive sells for a hefty price, are all available online for under $250. If you decide to buy something "inexpensive" there, you are still being seriously ripped off.

Visited November 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“catch the prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

looks to me like a lot of stuff is way over priced and from the minute I walked in I felt ignored. the phones were ringing but nobody seemed very friendly and I left and spent $1200 around the corner. bye.

Been to Primitive? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Primitive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.