“Beautiful theater, close seats” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Theatre

Oriental Theatre
24 West Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60613 (Downtown / The Loop)
312-977-1700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 952 things to do in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tulsa, OK
27 attraction reviews
“Beautiful theater, close seats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We decided the day of to go see Wicked. We were able to get great seats. The theater is more intimate than I expected, but I'm not complaining. I got a great view of the show. The theater itself is beautiful, but there is no photography inside the theater. Fun reason to get dressed up on a snowy Chicago night.

• Turkish first
Clare, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
“Wicked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We saw Wicked here in early December. We had purchased Orchestra seats, and the Broadway in Chicago VIP package was added to the tickets for those seats. It was the best $35 extra per ticket that I could imagine. WIth the VIP package we received pre-show coat check, private restrooms before the show and during intermission, and hor d'oevres and open bar. The seats in the Oriental were much more plush and roomy than many of the New York theatres we've been to, and the production of Wicked was excellent as usual.

Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Bad Policy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went to the Theater to see Wicked, which was amazing, great seats. My only complaint is they let people buy food and drinks to bring in to the theater. So after the intermission, someone behind me was rattling the ice in her glass, another person was wrinkling her bag of pretzels etc. Unfortunately they only did during the quiet parts of the show! When you pay over $125 for seats and are distracted by all the bags and ice around you it takes away from the experience. Change your policy Oriental Theater!

Batavia, il
4 attraction reviews
“Fatastically Wicked good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

What is not to love about this extraordinary show. The story-line and stage were incredible, but the performers were simply as good as it gets.

Wicked the play was a blast - strongly recommend it. I'll leave more detailed reviews to others, as I'm sure they'll do a better job of describing what to expect. The theater was beautiful, and quite comfortable compared to a lot of theaters I've been in for plays.

We paid quite a bit for our tickets, and seats were in a back corner, but good view of the stage - just something tells me we could have found tickets for a better value somehow.

Sackets Harbor, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Wicked Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My sister from Denver and I (from New York) met in Chicago for the purpose of rest and recreation. We won the ticket lottery at Block 37 Mall, so were able to enjoy front row seats for "Wicked" which was phenomenal! Equally as talented as the Broadway cast! The decor was spectacular, staff was very friendly, location was convenient. We had a fabulous time!

Visited November 2013