“Nice convention center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick Place

McCormick Place
2301 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616 (South Loop)
773 791 7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #106 of 953 things to do in Chicago
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice convention center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was here for the International Home + Housewares Show. I was astounded by how huge it was! It is a beautiful convention center, with a nice modern feel to it. It was very clean, I frequently saw cleaning crews sweeping and emptying garbage. They had a few different eating options other than the one offered to those attending the show...McDonalds, a pizza place and a food court. They also had a gift shop, which was nice, as I stopped in and picked up a little souvenir for my son. My favorite part of it was the view of the Chicago skyline on your walk from North/South to Lakeview. At one point, I got turned around in Lakeview, couldn't remember which way I had come in and was surprised to find a nice view of Lake Michigan running parallel to a back hallway. Looking forward to more shows in the future.

Visited March 2014

Valparaiso, Indiana
31 attraction reviews
“Magnificent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

So many shops, so little time. The glass elevator is worth seeing by itself! Woderful shops and a lot of variety! Wife an daughter loved the LUSH store and I enjoyed College Colors and just walking around. The LEGO store is worth stopping by just to see what figures they have constructed now!

Belleville, IL
21 attraction reviews
“Huge complex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I attended a convention in February. This place is Huge. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. Fortunately we were provided with shuttle buses for the event. Otherwise you would have to take a taxi and it would not be cheap. The Convention center is not located by the hotels downtown. It is very close to soldier field. They have a food court but the prices are more than most of the restaurants and the food is not as good.

Chicago, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Great spot for Auto Show or Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been so impressed by this venue. It was constructed over the years I was living out of the country and was pleasantly surprised to find it on my return. It is clean and large. The bathrooms are accessible and it is easy to navigate your way around. The only negative I would mention is that I have never seen any of the stores/restaurants open when I was there and I have been there on weekdays and weekends.

Morrice MI
“Family vacation to see Chicago”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Booked 4-star hotel; I was familiar with the name (Hyatt). And it was very nice,,,however I didn't know McCormick place equaled business center. We were so far away from all the sites we wanted to see. We spent a large amount on taxi rides and tips. We traveled via train to Chicago so we didn't have much choice. Taxi or mass transit. We did see most of the sites on our list, it just cost abit more factoring in extra taxi miles.

Visited December 2012