“Huge complex” 3 of 5 stars

Belleville, IL
21 attraction reviews
“Huge complex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I attended a convention in February. This place is Huge. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. Fortunately we were provided with shuttle buses for the event. Otherwise you would have to take a taxi and it would not be cheap. The Convention center is not located by the hotels downtown. It is very close to soldier field. They have a food court but the prices are more than most of the restaurants and the food is not as good.

Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Great spot for Auto Show or Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been so impressed by this venue. It was constructed over the years I was living out of the country and was pleasantly surprised to find it on my return. It is clean and large. The bathrooms are accessible and it is easy to navigate your way around. The only negative I would mention is that I have never seen any of the stores/restaurants open when I was there and I have been there on weekdays and weekends.

Visited February 2014
Morrice MI
“Family vacation to see Chicago”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Booked 4-star hotel; I was familiar with the name (Hyatt). And it was very nice,,,however I didn't know McCormick place equaled business center. We were so far away from all the sites we wanted to see. We spent a large amount on taxi rides and tips. We traveled via train to Chicago so we didn't have much choice. Taxi or mass transit. We did see most of the sites on our list, it just cost abit more factoring in extra taxi miles.

Visited December 2012
Iowa
8 attraction reviews
“Inconvenient Behemouth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just finished a three day trade show there. To say the place is huge is an understatement. The layout is very inconvenient, and there is little to no signage identifying where to even find your show once you are inside until you get close. Classroom numbering/locations (we were in the east building) is very confusing. The place is in the middle of nowhere - at least in relation to the loop. Unless you stay where there is a hotel shuttle, you have to ride the Metra, which is OK, but only runs on the hour and is very old. Food on site is limited and very expensive. Food off site is non-existent. If you go, bring a snack and be ready to walk.

Visited October 2013
Prosper, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Big, clean venue. Poorly laid out...and the food court was closed?!?!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I came here for a trade show. This venue was very modern and clean. The exhibit hall was nicely laid out. It was a haul to walk from my hotel to the exhibit hall. And the prices for ANYTHING were set to gouge; $3 bottles of water for example.

This place is in the middle of nowhere. I had to take a cranky cab ride to get to anything...cabbies always argued about taking credit cards and how cheap the fares were. Cry me a river.

Visited October 2013

Been to McCormick Place? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage McCormick Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.