“Yummy burgers, fun karaoke, crappy drinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Frog's Local 22

Blue Frog's Local 22
22 E Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Blue Frog 22) (Near North Side)
312-527-1200
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy burgers, fun karaoke, crappy drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went on a Saturday night and ordered the Local 22 burger which was huge and delicious. Ordered a few drinks that were not up to par. How can you mess up a margarita? The bartender figured out how by adding orange juice to it, who does that? Since the margarita was messed up I figured I'd give them something easy to make so I ordered a tequila sunrise. Very simple drink to make and it tasted awful! My girlfriend ordered a long island and said it didn't taste right. So my conclusion, stick to the food and order a soda. The karaoke was fun. There were a lot of people there but it was a fun crowd.

Visited February 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Glad you enjoyed the Local 22 burger and had a nice time with us! I'm sorry you and your friend weren't impressed with our cocktails, though. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised—our bartenders know what they're doing—but I understand that different people have different tastes, and I appreciate your honest feedback. (For the record, if you're not a fan of how we mix drinks, we have a large beer selection with a lot of tasty options.)

Anyway, thanks for the review. If you're ever back in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Outstanding burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. They have a great selection of beers both on tap and in bottles. Typically I don't expect much from pub grub. This place is a true exception. They have a great menu and if burgers are your thing, this is the place for you!

Visited January 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for the 5 stars! I couldn't be happier to hear that you and your wife were so impressed with our burgers. Hope to see you both again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
“Great good and fun times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Underrated food, the burgers and pretty good and the tater tots we awesome. Went there twice while I was in time and both times it was pretty good. A lot of food.

Visited January 2014
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed eating with us—we work hard to wow our guests with fresh, flavorful food. Hope to have you back for more burgers and tots soon!

Sartell, Minnesota
“Fun little bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

In town for a weekend get-away. We came across this place just walking on the street. We had dinner and drinks. Service was great and food was good for bar food. Fun place to stop and have drinks with friends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you decided to stop by and had a nice experience. The next time you're in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Riverview, Florida
“Great Local Place....even for Out of Towners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I were in Chicago the week before Thanksgiving for an anniversary trip. On Thursday we went to The Local for dinner. The beer selection was varied and very good. Our server was knowledgeable about the local brews, and helped my husband with his selection. The food was great. I got a cheeseburger, perfectly done, and my husband got the Italian sandwich (the Capone or something like that) and said it was great. The fries were the best! The atmosphere was fine....could definitely tell it was a local hang out place for after work, but we didn't mind that at all. The owner/manager even walked by and checked to make sure we were good. Overall great experience...and we would return again next time in Chicago! Good location, right off of Mag Mile for any tourist, walkable from tons of hotels.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Happy to hear you and your husband had a great time with us, Tamara! Thanks for writing a review—much appreciated. The next time you're in town and craving a burger and beer, you know where to find us!