“Great for Groups” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Frog's Local 22

Blue Frog's Local 22
22 E Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Blue Frog 22) (Near North Side)
312-527-1200
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
Michigan
“Great for Groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Right near Hampton Downtown, 6 gals could walk, and food was excellent. Our waiter took care of us superbly, great spot for meeting up, groups, and late nite. Not loud, able to talk, loved it, will go back. Be sure to check out all the great spots on Hubbard.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed your night! Thanks for sharing your experience—the team and I appreciate it. The next time you're back in Chicago, you know where to find us!

Cheers,

Chicago, Illinois
“Bar atmosphere with decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

In my first visit to the restaurant, it was dark in the restaurant and had a bar atmosphere. We had burgers which were supposed to be special since everything is mid-western grown and organic. Overall the food was decent, however meat was a little bland. Average place for dinner, nothing special, it may be a good spot to hang out later at night with a group.

Visited October 2013
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thanks for sharing the candid feedback! While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, I'm sorry that you weren't as impressed by the burgers and found the meat to be bland. We have all sorts of different burgers on our menu, and if you are a fan of the spicier variety, we'd be more than happy to recommend a burger for you with more of kick! We hope to get this opportunity sooner than later.

Fayetteville
“Enjoyable atmosphere and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped in for lunch last Friday. The restaurant had a large crowd. I ordered a bacon cheese burger and my wife ordered a chicken sandwich. I had sweet potato fries as a side and my wife had a pasta salad.

When the waitress took our order she offered suggestions for our beers based on our description of our favorite beer tastes, malty flavor for me and a wheat beer for my wife. Her recommendations were right on.

We enjoyed our sandwiches. My wife appreciated a non fried side dish item. Everything was hot (pasta salad was cold). The sweet potato fries tasted as if they were just prepared and were excellent.

It was interesting to see how good the service was. There was a large crowd and our waitress worked from one end of the restaurant to the other. I asked her if it was normal for her to handle so many tables and she said they were short one person. That said, our service wias excellent. She delivered our food hot and our beers cold. Service was fast enough for us on a pleasant Friday afternoon.

The hamburger roll was outstanding. It complemented a perfectly cooked medium rare hamburger. My wife felt her chicken on a freshly baked roll was perfect.

The atmosphere is very pleasant. Chairs are comfortable, Doors and windows open to the outside. A very good upscale but cozy bar/restaurant. Feels like a local place. Wish I lived closer.

We recommend this restaurant and will return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us some great feedback! Glad to hear that you loved the food, but in particular the service. It's great to know that even though we were one man down, your waitress was able to hold down the fort! I'm also glad to hear that you were able to get the right beer pairings for your Hamburger and Chicken Sandwich! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us a shout out and we look forward to next time you come in for a bite!

Seattle, WA
“Distinctive odor. Nothing special. Walk on by.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Dropped by on a late Sunday night. Smelled like a boys locker room on a hot summer night. Cute waitresses but nothing special. Better places nearby.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't impressed with our ambiance and felt that there was a distinctive odor. We certainly never want our guests to feel any kinds of discomfort and it seems like you caught us on an off day. In all honesty, this is the first of this kind of feedback I've ever received, but I will make a point of making sure that I don't get anything like it in the future. Hopefully, you will give us another chance soon since we feel that there are many things about us worth coming back for! For instance, have you had the chance to check out our amazing selection of local beers? It's sure to impress! We'd love to have another opportunity to show you what we are really capable of.

Westfield, in
“Saturday's dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stopped here for dinner after a matinee of "Book of Mormon" - great show. Our server, Alex, we excellent; he spent plenty of time with us explaining & getting us samples of various beers. The selection was great & tasty. We loved the macaroni & cheese bites with jalepeno/bacon. I opted for the Maxwell Street burger with the sausage, it was very good. My wife likes her burgers rare - she found hers to be perfectly cooked - she chose the Uptown which came with a lot of mushrooms - very tasty. The Metropolitan beers were great, have to look for them here at home. We found this place via restaurant.com - used a $25 gift certificate, no problems.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful feedback! I'm glad to hear that you decided to check us out after the show and that you enjoyed your meal! The Maxwell Street is definitely a specialty of ours. I'll also be sure to pass on the kudos to Alex. He'll be thrilled to hear it. Thanks again for the great review and we hope to see you in for dinner again soon!

John reed, owner