“Bad Decision” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Frog's Local 22

Blue Frog's Local 22
22 E Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Blue Frog 22) (Near North Side)
312-527-1200
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
“Bad Decision”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place because we had $100 from redeeming frequent flier miles. We had $100 through Restaraunt.com, so we took two $25 certificates and went to Blue Frogs because they had the highest Trip Advisor ratings. Turned out to be a bad decision. The menu was a confusing mess of beer selections and the beer was not cold. We ordered flatbread appetizer, it arrived with our burgers. French fries were cold. And we could only use one of the $25 certificates. Overall, we would not recommend this place and will not return even to spend our other $25 certificate.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed when you came to visit us. While our beer selection can be quite extensive, we are more than happy to offer you any recommendations based on your own personal palette. As for the beer being warm, did you happen to mention this to your waiter? We would have gladly sent it back and gotten you a nice, cold, new one instead. I apologize for the order in which your food was brought out. This is great feedback for our staff and we will ensure that it doesn't happen again. I know first impressions can be hard to shake, but a second chance is all we need to show you what we've got. Hopefully, we will get that chance soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Blue Frog's Local 22”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice sidewalk people watching. Great meeting place. Spirits, beers, mixologist, good burgers go down easy. Very friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Arnie, thanks for dropping us some quick feedback! We appreciate your business and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your drinks and burger. We look forward to your next visit!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were looking for lunch after a hotel check in and found Blue Frogs. We had the Build a burger, and I had the maxwell street, yummy! Good food, and great service, folks are on point and helpful to us tourists too, lol.
Next time in town will stop back, thanks for a great first meal in Chicago!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Tom, thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We appreciate that you decided to dine with us for your first meal in Chicago! The Build a Burger and the Maxwell Street are both excellent choices. Hopefully, you got the chance to check out the actual Maxwell Street while you were in town! We're glad that we were able to help you out and and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good turkey burgers and local beers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to have drinks here the first night in town. The staff were very friendly and the food looked and smelled amazing. We went back for burgers the second night and my turkey burger was very good. I had only wished that I had ordered tater tots instead of fries because I am not a fan of shoestring cut fries. I can't say enough about the service here. Everyone was great!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for not only taking the time to check us out during your visit in Chicago, but for also taking the time to write us such a nice review. The burgers are what we're known for so I'm glad that you got the chance to try those before heading back. Next time, don't hesitate to send something back if you'd like to switch it out for something else. We just want you to be happy, and if Tator Tots make you happy than that's exactly what you should get! Thanks again for the great feedback and we hope you will stop by again next time you find yourself in the Chicago area.

Berkley, Michigan
“A River North Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was wandering around the River North area looking for some food and drink on a Friday afternoon and came across Local 22 and I am glad I did. I had a burger which was very good and the beer selection was excellent, tap and bottle. The staff is excellent. Very friendly, beer knowledgeable and they have working owners, a plus in my book. Because I was able to talk with John - owner/bartender and Brooke - bartender for more than a a couple minutes, I will single them out but all of the staff I encountered were great. Thanks for a great time Friday and Saturday and I am still weepy about Brooke's Jameson tragedy.

There are tons of choices in River North, make Local 22 one of those choices, you won't be sorry.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback! I'm really happy that during your wanderings that you happened to stumble upon us. Stories that have those kinds of beginnings tend to have the best kinds of endings. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your burger and I'm looking forward to your next visit with us.

John, Owner