“Jazz music with great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andy's Jazz Club

Andy's Jazz Club
11 E. Hubbard St., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)
312.642.6805
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andy's Jazz Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #488 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: State Street
Transit: Red Line - State & Grand Stop is located 2 blocks North of our State St. & Hubbard St. Intersection.
Description: One of Chicago's Best-Known and Most-Respected Jazz establishments, historic Andy's offers casually sophisticated dining with a musical menu of Chicago's top Jazz Artists. Local performers cover a range of styles from Traditional and Swing to Bop, Fusion, Latin and Afro-Pop. Our "Spotlight Performer Series" events showcase some of today's most "in demand" world touring musicians in an intimate setting.
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Jazz music with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of the jazz hangout places in Chicago. Crowd built up pretty fast after I came in. Got a discounted cover charge from Renaissance the place where I stayed. Paid 5 instead of 15. You can get the discount vouchers in almost all major hotels around it i think. So best to go with some vouchers in hands. I arrived early and got lucky as i was seated right in front facing the band. The performance was great. Food was ok but could be better. Guess it didn't matter as much as i was here for the music mainly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Bad food, terrible service but jazz okay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked Andy's Jazz Club on Opentable in Chicago. No where did it say that there was a $15 entry charge. As we were eating, I think they should take this off the bill. I ordered a cocktail and it was really bad so went onto wine after. The food was not good. I had fish and chips (fries). The fries were the crinkley frozen type! The fish was okay. My husband ordered the salmon and that was not good. The waitress had a couldn't careless attitude. They guy who took the money stands there with a wad of notes and when we questioned the charge he just ignored us. The lady who seated us came back a while later to tell me off for taking videos. I was taking a photograph. I just think the attitude of these people here is wrong. They probably thought we were tourists and never come back, but we live here so this one is off the list. The jazz was okay that night, but the other stuff spoilt the night so we left.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Zambo
“...so many better places....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went with a big group and were looking forward to listening to jazz and dancing. We paid $15 as a cover. First we were surprised that there was no dancing at all. In addition, the drinks were terrible and the wait staff was rude. There are a lot of great places to listen to jazz in Chicago. This is not one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san diego
“Good mUsic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went on a Tuesday night and sat at the bar. I saw 2 different bands, both good. I ordered an sampler appetizer which I thought was very good. It's a casual, comfotable club. If you're staying at the Hampton Inn, they will give you discount tickets, which got us in free the night we went.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good Music, so so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The music was great. Went with some friends on a Tuesday night. The food was average and the service wasnt very good. The place was half full and the waiter wasn't paying too much attention to our table

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere