“Best deal around Michigan Avenue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best deal around Michigan Avenue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Based on traveling to Chicago on business for the last 10 years, this is the best deal in the Michigan Ave area. The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, and the staff is very accomodating. Simply put, this is the best deal around. Everything is in walking distance if you perfer, and convenience to the train and cabs is also easy. The breakfast & fitness room make mornings a snap, and the convenience of nearby restaurants make dinner/lunch very easy. The true suite rooms (there is a door that closes & truly separates the bedroom from the living area) make traveling with others/children very easy. The kitchen is stocked with utensils and dinnerware. This has become our preferred location & doubtless will remain so.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
We are very grateful that you have selected our conveniently located hotel as your preferred hotel for business travel and find our staff and customer service exceptional. I am happy our amenities and services make business travel easy for you. Thank you for the review and I personally look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I reserved a room with 2 queen beds for 4 people. At check-in we were told they had upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. Definite bonus!! This is not a luxury hotel, but the room was nice and had everything we could possibly need (including a washer/dryer). The room was very clean. The staff was really nice and always smiling.
The breakfast was good, cheese omlets, bacon, waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice.

The absolute best thing about this hotel is the location. We were 1/2 block from the River Walk and a few blocks from Millenium Park, Art Institute, the Russian Tea House, Lake Michigan. You don't need a car because everything you need is withing walking distance. The room overlooked Michigan Ave, which was a little noisy, but we had nice views of the beautiful buildings surrounding the hotel.
I can't wait to go back & will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you from the staff of the Comfort Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed your two bedroom suite and our amazing downtown views and location. We take pride in offering great customer service and are happy you had a memorable experience with us. I look forward to having you back as our guest.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed for 7 nights at the Comfort Suites in early June, 2010 and very much enjoyed it.
The room was a suite with a separate bedroom and a full kitchen. It even included a washer and a dryer! All you need for a few days in Chicago.
The breakfast was quite good, and with a full-sized fridge, you can add your own items to your breakfast if you wish.
The hotel is located just south of the Chicago River right on Michigan Street - a great central location.
There was no noise from other rooms.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good place to stay while in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 19, 2010
We thank you for your recommendation and for the business. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our Michigan Avenue location and found your suite large and comfortable. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I definitely recommend this hotel. Since October of 2009, I have stayed in this hotel for over 4 months. My stay was pleasant, comfortable, the service is quick, spacious rooms. I commend the management of this hotel. I will be coming back to this hotel over and over again for all my trips to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home. I am glad you find our staff helpful and that our accommodations exceed your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I have been all over the Chicago area on business and have been staying in many different hotels over the past couple months. I typically stay at Choice properties however. I have been staying mostly in suburban hotels to avoid the higher rates that the Chicago hotels charge.
I decided to try out a downtown property using my Choice privillage points and decided to try this new Comfort Suites. I was blown away, not only is the location awesome, close to all the vibrance of summer time in Chicago, but the rooms are great. My suite was so clean and well appointed that I must say this is the best Comfort Suites I have ever stayed in.
Using my points was great because I am sure this hotel demands a higher rate. The breakfast was up to par and the Internet was flawless. This is one hotel that ibwould return to anytime I am in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2010
We are so happy that you decided to try out our hotel for business and that you found us to be the best Choice property you have stayed at. I am glad you found our suites large and took advantage of our complimentary high speed internet. We do offer special rates for corporate travelers, please feel free to contact me to discuss. Thank you for your business and the kind comments.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

The Comfort Suites in Chicago is a perfect location along the Magnificint Mile. It is close to shops and great restaurants. The room itself was great with a wonderful view of the river and some of the beautiful architecture that Chicago is so famous for. One of my colleagues mentioned that she had a washer and dryer in her room. I actually thought she was joking until I opened up one of the doors in my bedroom and saw for myself that there truly was a washer and dryer. How convenient for travellers! The staff was extremely helpful and I was especially impressed with the doormen. They always had a smile to greet you with and it was obvious they valued exceptional customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
We cannot wait to welcome you back! Thank you for selecting us as your hotel while you were visiting Chicago and thank you for sharing your experience. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed our staff, our downtown location and that you found our suites large with great amenities. I hope we see you again soon.
Allendale, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We took the Amtrak train into Chicago for a get-a-way weekend. We are not real familiar with the Chicago downtown area so we were relieved to find that we were close to both the CTA trains and buses, making it easy to get around town to the places we wanted to visit. We were also surprised at the delightful suite we stayed in at this hotel. It had a beautiful view of the city, a full kitchen,bath, sitting area with a flat screen TV, and a separate bedroom that also had a large flat screen TV and a very comfortable queen-size bed. The staff was very friendly but they were not especially informative with how to get around Chicago. They googled everything on the computer and we found that we were able to get around better on our own by walking and being adventurous. The complimentary breakfast did not have the best variety we had ever had, but it was tasty and sufficient to start our morning. Our overall experience was a good one and we would definitely stay again next time we are in Chicago!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience at our all suite hotel. I am happy you enjoyed our prime downtown location and were impressed by our in room features and hotel amenities. When you come back to Chicago please contact me directly so I can assist in planning out your activities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!