“Spacious, Comfortable, A Bit Outdated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
findingmyamerica.com
“Spacious, Comfortable, A Bit Outdated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

The parking issue was a bit confusing. Guests who don't want to self-park in a nearby garage use the valet service of the Hard Rock Hotel around the corner. It's $45/day. They call the bell person from Comfort Suites to come help with luggage. It may take awhile -- in my case ten minutes.

Once in the hotel, I was greeted by friendly staff, which is always important to me. The elevators were a bit old and clunky, but once inside my room, I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed in a spacious suite with a kitchen and living room, and everything was very clean and comfortable. A big bonus here is that there is a washer/dryer in each suite, and there is no additional charge. The bathroom is small, especially given the size of the rest of the room, but the rest of the accommodations made up for that. I loved the large desk, the wonderful city view, and the firm bed.

I did not have one of the rooms with a balcony, and I wish I had.

A minor complaint here is that when entering/exiting the hotel, one has to pass the smoking guests gathered outside. I wish Comfort Suites had another designated smoking area away from their entrance.

For the price, I think Comfort Suites was an excellent choice for a downtown stay. It's close to many attractions and restaurants, and there's a great coffee shop across the street. The rooms are a bit outdated, but the cleaning staff does a superb job and the staff is quick to respond to guests. For instance, my room was missing a bath stopper. A maintenance man arrived within ten minutes to replace.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience at our new Michigan Avenue hotel. We are pleased to learn that you found our staff accommodating and friendly and that your requests were fulfilled rapidly. During your next visit please use our designated valet parking for a more cost effective discounted rate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Booked to attend a conference a short walk away. The room value was superb. Room was a small apartment - laundry, kitchen, living room, bedroom. Breakfast was included and was wonderful - hot and cold items. Free hot coffee was available 24/7. Front desk was always friendly and helpful. Our room had a river view. Would love to return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
The entire staff of Comfort Suites Chicago thanks you for your stay and review. I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast. We would be honored to have you as our guest again!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Stayed here with my two friends from Canada. Plenty of room...excellent views down Michigan Ave, walking distance to shopping. Breakfast was included ...don't see that in Downtown Chicago too often. The staff was very nice and helpful with recommendations for dining. The rooms are clean and very very spacious. I would stay here again. Great place for long term stays as the rooms have kitchens , tons of closet space and washers and dryers....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, April 18, 2010
The entire staff of the Comfort Suites thanks you for your review and business. I am so happy to know that your room, our location and staff exceeded your expectations. We value feedback from guests like you and would like to have you back as our guest.
beavie1613
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I have never, ever been more pleased with my accommodations that at the Chicago Comfort Suites. In room kitchenette, very clean; friendly staff; very conviently located for my convention and other attractions. First class hotel at moderate price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
We are so grateful for the review and for your business. I was so pleased to read you witnessed our commitment to providing superior suites in a great location at a competitive price. I would enjoy an opportunity to have you as our guest again. Thank you for the kind words.
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I get treated well every time I visit this hotel. The workers are friendly and the rooms are clean. Great location right in the heart of Chicago, too. You can't go wrong here. Plus, they're on Twitter and always looking for feedback from people who've stayed there. Special thanks to Natalie and Rachel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found our downtown Chicago location convenient. The team is so appreciative for your kind comments regarding our staff especially Natalie and Rachel. The entire team of Comfort Suites Chicago looks forward to hosting you again!
Chicago, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

My colleague and I stayed here for 45 days. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The housekeeping staff always made sure that the rooms were always cleaned. The location is fantastic with great benefits as far as discounts at local restaurants etc.

If you plan an extended stay I would definitely recommend the Comfort Suites or even for just a few nights. Excellent deal. The only downside was the breakfast could have been a little better. But hey, it was free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so glad to learn that the staff helped make your extended stay a memorable one. When traveling back to Chicago for business or pleasure please contact me directly so we can take care of your arrangements.
New Paris, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

The Comfort Suites was a great value. The suite was very clean and very nice. Great location to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
We appreciate your review and business. Thank you for sharing your experience at our downtown Chicago all suite hotel. Please contact us in the future to book your next stay with us!