“Weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Windsor, Canada
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great place to stay and location is fantastic. Staff is very helpful. Valet parking is a bit down the street, but still very accessible and fast. Hot breakfast was available, with reasonable amount of choices. Very clean. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!

Room Tip: Great choice!! We had corner suite and floor 24. Excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Judy S,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the service that the staff provided. We try to personalize our services to each guests needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Robert Humphrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel was booked for me by a client. When I walked into the crapped lobby and tiny hallways I was a bit worried. Once I made my way to my room I saw all the amenities you'd expect from a Comfort Suites. Nice Bathroom off entry, open concept bedroom, kitchen, bar and a nice seating area with TV near the windows. The sofa in my room made into a comfy bed. In the heat of Chicago summer the AC kept me more than cool.

The best thing about this hotel is the locations, its close to everything. The river and parks right around the corner. Lots of cool eateries within a short walk.

Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor (with a view) because I heard the lifts were shlow and I'm glad I did...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear MikeMcLean,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is one of the best in Chicago. Along with our over sized rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are so happy that we stayed at this hotel. There were 4 of us in an efficiency suite and there was plenty of room for everyone! Spacious sleeping area, walk in closet, great galley kitchen with dining bar, washer/dryer in the room!!! This is an excellent choice for business or leisure travelers!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for your recent review on hotel. We do have very spacious rooms! We are glad that enjoyed your stay with us.

Please tell me if I can personally make your next reservation with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Came in on the train an we were able to walk from Union Station. The hotel is dated but the rooms are spacious, clean and the price is ideal. Easy walk to art museum, Millennium Park and all of the shopping. Everything is within walking distance. Rooms have full kitchen and good views. Great location for Lollapalooza!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kristin D,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms and location of the property. It is a very easy walk from Union Station. The train is a great way to get into the city since parking is so expensive everywhere. We are continually improving the property. Recently we remodeled our breakfast room and common area hallways.

Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

An excellent place to stay. Very good location on Michigan Avenue. Easily within walking distance from Millennium Park, Sears Tower and Lake Michigan. Great shopping possibilities. Spacious and clean rooms with full kitchen. I stayed 6 dayes and were travelling alone but the place is also very attractive for families - and I would like to bring my family for future holidays.
I also will emphasise the extremely helpful and courteous staff.
There are lots of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jonna M,

Thank you for your recent review on the hotel. We are glad that you found the rooms very clean and spacious. We have an excellent housekeeping team. Thank you for the wonderful comments on the colleagues at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Westminster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in a King Suite. The size of the room was really large. We had a full kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. Every window had an amazing view of Michigan Avenue and we couldn't have been in a better location. We walked or rode the "Divvy Bikes" everywhere in downtown. The staff were all wonderful, very accommodating and friendly. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear McCowins,

Thank you so much for your review. My staff will appreciate your feedback saying they "The staff were all wonderful, very accommodating and friendly". We try to provide personalized attentive service! The bikes are a great amenity. A lot of guests have been using them. Great suggestion. We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here to attend a meeting at a nearby hotel. I found the room was very capacious, clean, and well-appointed. It was comfortable and quiet, because it was on the 8th floor, even though it was on a busy Chicago street. My wife also joined me for part of the stay (it was Valentine's Day) and she was also very impressed with the comfort, facilities, and roominess of the suite. We were hoping that our son could pop over from Indiana (weather precluded it) and the layout would have allowed him to use the folding bed in the "living room" area and given us all sufficient privacy.

It was convenient to the meeting hotel and easy walking distance from attractions like the Art Institute and the architectural walking tour. The kitchenette was a nice plus to help keep costs down for breakfast/lunch; there was a nice deli nearby to get bread, meat and cheese for sandwiches. The staff was very helpful answering questions and steering us to resources or nearby attractions. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor if you can to avoid the traffic noise on busy Michigan Ave.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gary,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel room size. Also that our staff was very attentive to your needs. Thanks for the review! We hope to see you again.

Please tell me if I can personally make your next reservation with us.

Robert Humphrey

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!