“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Suites for 2 nights as an extension of a business trip. After reading other reviews I chose this hotel because of the location. And what a great location! Close to many of Chicago attractions, you can easily go to the Mag Mile, The Loop, Cloud Gate and many others. As for the hotel itself, the room was very large, yet very old. Didn't have any problem, front desk was efficient. At the end of the day, it's not that value for money, however if you have just a few days to enjoy Chicago and want to be close to everything, this could be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed our location!. When your travels bring you back to Chicago, we would be honored to welcome you back.
Natalie Furka-Padgett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Comfort suites was highly recommended in trip advisor, and price wasn't as exorbitant as major hotels in the city during a week with a huge international conference in town. The location is excellent - just a couple of blocks from the loop and the magnificent mile.
However, the hotel hadn't received my hotels.com booking which I had prepaid. Evidently the fax isn't working properly at the hotel. Fortunately, they had a spare room available (an upgrade, they said). The staff were very friendly and helpful, but several problems emerged: (1) no hot water on my first morning, and (2) very sporadic "free" wifi. The water issue was fixed by the second day, but the internet problem continued. I was told that the wifi system can't handle the volume when they have a full house. Very frustrating!
The rooms themselves are good, but are in need of renovation.
My biggest frustration was with the front desk staff, who assume that all their guests are back packers. I asked how to get to the famous Science and Industry Museum, and was told to take the public bus (#3 King Avenue). This was supposed to be a cheap ($2.25) and direct way to the museum. Instead it was an hour-long journey on a local bus line that detours AWAY from the museum due to road construction. I had a 30 minute walk through the University of Chicago campus and residential areas to get to the museum, only to find that it had just closed. Fortunately, a taxi was available for the return trip, which took 20 minutes and cost $20. Basic lesson: don't rely on the hotel staff for advice!
Bottom line: If you're a back packer visiting for several days and have $300+ per night to spend, this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for very much for staying with us. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide exceptional service to you during your time with us. While I know we cannot have a second chance at a first impression, if there is a way for us to connect so I can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me at the property.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have stayed here before and will definately come back. The views of Michigan Ave, the Chicago River and the Magnificent Mile are, well, Magnificent! In addition, Nader at the front desk make our experience superior. The level of customer service he specifically provided us with was truly outstanding. I travel extensively --this is the best!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner view rooms. The higher the better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for very much for staying with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the views! We truly appreciate you mentioning Nader’s outstanding service. He will be honored to read your kind words. When you are next in Chicago, we would be thrilled to welcome you back.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks in November. The location was great, close to everything, drugstore, restaurants, sites, shopping, etc. The staff was beyond typical: outgoing, friendly, always pleasant. When you travel for work and have long hotel stays, it's nice to walk in the door to find a friendly face with a pleasant greeting. Almost like home! Okay, maybe not quite home, but the next best thing. :) Nadir greeted me when I checked in and he couldn't have been more helpful. His colleagues were also up to the task. The issues with the TV and internet that others have mentioned was my experience as well, though I was able to spend a night watching Netflix with no problem, I couldn't stream HBOGO. Spotty wi-fi on phone and laptop. Elevators were problematic at times, too. Scratchy toilet paper, but overall, this is a very good place to stay. Loved the room, bed was very comfortable, appliances were great to have and I used them all, except for the dishwasher. I couldn't seem to get that to work, but I kept forgetting to let the front desk know, so I can't complain. Looks like I'll be back in Chicago in January and I expect to return to Comfort Suites. Thanks for making my long stay feel short!

Room Tip: There's a hospital nearby and lots of sirens day and night. The higher the better, though I dou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for very much for making us your home away from home. Nader and our staff will be thrilled to see your kind compliments. We are certainly working on our elevators and truly appreciate your patience during your time with us. When you are next in Chicago, we would be honored to welcome you back.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excelent location, perfect service, good price and wonderful view. I have been on 19 floor, and i loved the apartment (huge with queen bed, television, desks, kitchen, wash machine, microwave and a complete infrastructure). The breakfast was delicious. The service was excelent, and special thanks to Nader on front desk. (He was very helful, friendly and help me to decide which room choose. We had planned to stay just one day, but after the first day and all this qualities, we decided stay a little more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your feedback and for extending your time with us! Nader will be delighted to see your kind compliments. We hope to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just returned from a quick one night stay and was very pleased with the room. It is a suite, and one could stay there for an extended visit as there was a full size frig, microwave, range, toaster, washer/dryer etc. all in the 3 rooms. The bed and pillow choices were dreamy and everything was spotless. The free breakfast offered several options. What prevents me from giving the hotel a 5 star is that there is a very limited lobby area and we wish we had been informed earlier that water was to be shut off from 9:00a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to address a plumbing issue...that information was posted by the elevator and made for a earlier than normal checkout.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback! We are happy to see that you enjoyed our bedding. I truly apologize for the water interruption during your stay. We hope to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This Comfort Suites is located directly on Michigan Avenue very close to the mile of shopping, the Art Museum, Millenium and Grant Parks. It is great for families with small children as there is a pull-out couch/bed. I wouldn't get up early for this breakfast, but the unit does have its own washer/dryer, stove/oven, full refrigerator, toaster, microwave, coffee maker. It is very close to where I had to work for a month so was put up at this hotel. Being a fan of the Hilton chain (and points!), I wasn't happy about being lodged here (just going to miss out on maintaining Diamond with Hilton :). A tad more upscale is preferred - having a restaurant and room service - which this hotel doesn't have and I didn't expect it to. Using the internet for email and Facebook is fine. Forget about trying to watch a show online as the speed is horrible - buffering, buffering, buffering. For six days, HBO was without sound. We each contacted the front desk over several days and was told that they weren't aware of an issue. One person said he would contact Directv and another said he would contact Dish. Really? So, now HBO is working but CBS (which I have discovered is the station of most of my programs) is completely snowy. OK, so the hotel isn't perfect in every aspect. But, the suites are big, in a great location, only five rooms per floor, each is fitted with appliances, very comfortable bed and the staff are very nice. I would like to commend Nader Rouhijahromi on the Front Desk who went out of his way to accommodate my needs on more than one occasion. Such a nice guy who couldn't do enough for me. Very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor as this hotel is in a very busy downtown. Sirens and traffic sounds are minimize...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for allowing us to be your ‘home away from home’ for a month. Nader will be delighted to see your kind compliments! I certainly apologize for the TV issues you experienced. It is feedback like yours that allows us to improve and ensure these issues can be resolved. We do hope to welcome you back to the Windy City!
Natalie Furka-Padgett

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!