“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
NJ
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked this for a 5 night stay with a "special" on their website that gave 30% off to Choice Rewards members. It average $174/night including taxes. We arrived at 10 a.m., expecting to just leave our bags, but were pleasantly surprised that we were allowed to check-in. The room ws large, clean and well equipped. We didn't expect to use the washer & dryer but they came in handy. Internet was good. The "no view room" faced the back & was quiet, for a city. We had view of the river from two sides. Good for walking to touristy things - 2 blocks from the SNL Billy Goat Tavern (Cheezborger), River Walk, Giordano's and a pleasant stroll to the Art Museum, etc. Walgreen's at the corner and a few eateries on the block. Staff was courteous and efficient. The breakfast room was clean and well stocked. Other reviews commented on long elevator waits, but it never too more than a minute, usually quicker. Computers & printers in the lobby to get your boarding passes printed. I recommend it and would stay again.

Room Tip: Unless you sit in a hotel room at the window extensively, I'd think any room would satisfy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your 5 night stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Natalie Furka-Padgett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great location, great view, great service, top notch rates. This hotel, near the center of everything in Downtown Chicago, had a great nightly rate and the room was huge (full kitchen, two queen beds). Would definitely stay here again, and again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel is AMAING and completely shocks you for the price. The rooms are HUGE. You feel like you are in your own downtown apartment. Complete with a kitchenette, WASHER AND DRYER and a feeling of separation between the working/living area, and the sleeping area, in case you are traveling with friends or loved ones. I highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast is AMAZING too! Fresh bacon, eggs, and waffles, fruit to choose from toast/english muffins/donuts/bagels. The location is perfect and right in the loop. Amazing- that's all I have to say.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your kind compliments on our hotel! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently attended a 3-day conference in downtown Chicago and stayed at the Comfort Suite on Michigan Ave. I was pleasantly surprised from the beginning. The suite is very spacious, bright, clean and comfortable. There is a kitchenette with all the utensils needed for cooking as well as in room washer/dryer. The staffs are super friendly and the services are excellent. I asked for a quiet room when checking in. The front desk called about 10 minutes after I entered to room just to make sure I was satisfied with the room he gave me. The hotel provides free wifi and breakfast. The location is unbeatable. For the price I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I go to Chicago.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The staff will be thrilled to see your kind compliments on their service. We would be honored to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just stayed here a couple of nights with my husband for a long weekend in Chi-town. Beautiful room with full kitchen, huge living room, great desk space with usb hook-ups and lots of plugs, free wifi, comfy bed/pillows, separate bath, excellent walk-in closet with iron/board, and even a small washer/dryer in the room! Excellent full breakfast, The location was excellent (right on Michigan, 1/2 block from the Michigan Ave Bridge) and we walked everywhere - to the Field Museum (1.7 miles to the south), to the Hancock building (1/2 mile north), to shows at the theaters in the Randolph theater district, and to the Metro stations that took us everywhere, including the airport. Rooms were clean and the only noises we heard came from outside of the hotel (the traffic and sirens that are a part of any downtown life) - the way the rooms are positioned, no hallway or elevator noise filtered in, nor could we hear noises from other rooms.

The only suggestion I would have is that the weekend breakfasts be served a bit later. Breakfast was served every day from 6-9 a.m and I would've liked to sleep in a bit after being out late ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We truly value the feedback you provided. We would be honored to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I hope this truly gets to the hotel administration so the staff I speak of will receive the recognition he deserves. I travel weekly for my job, I have stayed several times with Choice hotels therefor I have obtained points.
I am often away from home, so I had a week off and decided to take my two sons to Chicago for a day. We had a great time shopping and sightseeing in downtown, because I have choice reward points I looked up the choice hotels in downtown hoping to stay the evening in downtown(total last minute decision) I called the Comfort Inn on Michigan Ave and spoke with Terri at the front desk, she was so very helpful and booked my stay for the evening. I checked in and was given a room on the 2nd floor, I asked Terri if the room had a good view of the city, she explained it had a view but not any panoramic type, so I asked if we could possibly have another room with a better view of the city. That is when Nader stepped behind Terri and said "She is a choice member, so lets put her in a room with a great view" Terri looked very surprised and said "really?, this room?" Nader said YES, her loyalty to choice hotels is priority, so I want to express our gratitude. Terri continued to smile and assure we would love the room.
as It was located on the 26th floor, It was the presidential suite!! I can NOT thank Nader enough, my sons were absolutely amazed the room, the view everything was PERFECT! It made us feel so special, as Nader did NOT have to accommodate us in this extravagant way, but due to his amazing customer service skills, he went above and beyond. I was impressed by every experience I had with this hotel from booking to the staff and stay, especially Nader. Please, Please allow his exceptional treatment of my family be recognized. I will promote this hotel, as well as Nader for his skills. The experience was a great memory for my family that will always be cherished. Thank You Nader! and Thank you choice hotels for an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Presidential suite, amazing! Become a choice Member as well!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to see Nader made your family time in Chicago special with the upgrade! We certainly hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel was amazing from the moment we were greeted as the staff were very nice and friendly..to the great suite/ apartment we had for 2 nights 9-11th October...2 Queen beds/kitchen/washing machine/dryer and lots of space with great views and very central location....breakfast and free Wifi was included. I could have stayed a week and would recommend this hotel to friends as Chicago is a really nice and clean city to visit...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. The staff will be happy to see the kind compliments on their service. We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
Natalie Furka-Padgett

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!