“dont book with hotwire !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Ranked #28 of 168 hotels in Chicago
seattle wa
“dont book with hotwire !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

we asked for 2 beds (2 adults and teenager) they gave us a queen bed and a foldout sofa!! I slept on the sofa so my wife and kid would be most comfortable, and my back hurt the next day while we were sightseeing. Also, the refridgerator was noisy and kept waking me up. at 2 am, i unplugged it( it was overheating). and finally, i was charged 60.00 on my debit card without my permission. I prepaid the nights stay and tax on hotwire, When I checked in (the people in front desk were nice), i was not told about any additional charges to my account. the only way i knew about the 60.00 charge was because i checked my account after the trip. I called nadir @ front desk from seattle and he said he would refund the money, and that it could be thought of as a damage deposit...........am checking to see if money is actually returned.....would not stay here again......my first complaint ever!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I am truly sorry that your stay was not positive. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I can best assist you. I know we do not get a second chance at a first impression, but I would like to connect with you to ensure your billing issue has been resolved.

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Friendly staff. Good location. Good selections in breakfast. Nice room. Had a queen bed with sofa bed on the 6th floor. Would recommend the hotel to build a door between the kitchen and bedroom for privacy. Walls are thin. Able to hear outside street noises, and guests in their room while waiting for the elevator. Overall great value and location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. When your travels bring you back to Chicago, perhaps could welcome you back in one of our King Suites, which has a private bedroom area. We hope to see you back soon!

Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for Marathon weekend, and would definitely come back. The room we had featured a separate king bedroom and living room/kitchen area with fridge, dishwasher, range, and micro. We didn't use the kitchen, but it gives you a great chance to save some money dining out. The room was a corner room with lots of windows and neat views.

Our air conditioning didn't work properly, but the windows actually opened enough to get some cross circulation. That was a wonderful feature, given we were on the 16th floor. The bed was very comfortable, and we were not once disturbed by neighbors.

The staff were all some of the most friendly we had met in any of our travels. They were ready to help us in any way they could. We easily stored bags when we arrived and then much of the day before our evening flights departed.

The ELL is about three blocks away at State and Clarke. It is a short walk up Michigan Ave to shopping. My wife and I ran on the river walk and then around the bend and down by the marina, into Grant Park by the fountain and back up to the hotel. I'd guess that is about a three mile loop or so, without hardly having to run on city streets.

Four of us rented bikes from Bike and Roll at the very top of Millennium Park (about three blocks from the hotel), and had a wonderful ride up to Lincoln Park and then back down to the Planetarium before coming back up through Grant Park. Again we hardly had to ride on City Streets. Their City Bike at about $7.50 per hour is a very nice riding bike.

This is just a great place to stay, and on the more affordable side for the center of things. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. The staff will be delighted by your kind compliments on their service levels. When your travels bring you back to Chicago, we would be honored to welcome you back.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my first trip to Chicago, and it was a last minute booking. The price and location were so good that I couldn't turn it down. We arrived around 5:30pm, and were greeted by some of the friendliest staff I have experienced. Our check in was a breeze. The hotel appears to have been apartments at one time, so the suite was essentially good size efficiency apartment. It included a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a washer/dryer. It was perfect! The room was very clean. My only complaint was a strange odor at certain times in the hallway, but we were never able to notice it in the room. The view over Michigan Ave was excellent, and allowed my son to sit and peolle watch for awhile. The location is excellent! It is about 1 mile to Willis Tower, but completely walkable. The hotel is across the street from a Chicago Pizza place, so we didn't have to go far our first night there. Millennium Park is about a 10 minute walk. There are a ton of shopping/siteseeing spots nearby. Honestly, for the value, I could not have asked for a better place to stay. Great service, location, value. It made my first Chicago experience that much better, and I can't wait to visit again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are delighted to see that your first Chicago experience was a positive one! Indeed, we are converted apartments and are so glad you enjoyed the space in your suite. Our staff will be delighted to see your kind compliments. We hope to welcome you back to Chicago for another great experience!

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for five nights whilst we explored Chicago. It was a great location, overlooking the Michigan Avenue bridge. The suites were well furnished, bed comfortable, excellent sound-proofing, and good air conditioning (we needed it!!). Staff were very helpful and friendly. Two lifts were a bit cramped, and the breakfast was satisfactory, although again rather cramped. A rpoblem with our bathroom was quickly fixed. Difficult to see how this could be improved. But overall we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to others who haven't been to Chicago before.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your 5 Nights in Chicago at our hotel! We appreciate your review and would be honored to welcome you back when you are next exploring Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay here. In fact, I even extended my stay a couple of days while I got my apartment situated.
The hotel is really convenient to the Magnificent Mile area and to my job, which is where I wanted to be. A boat tour is only a few minutes away, it is convenient to many stores, and there are great landmarks in the area. There are plenty of restaurants around and you also have a kitchen in your suite. The staff was wonderful; every member of the staff that I interacted with was friendly and easy to talk to. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! The staff will be thrilled to read your kind compliments. We hope you enjoy your new apartment!

Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My daughter and I spent a lovely long weekend in Chicago where she was working. Brandon at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helped us with getting a perfect room. He helped me navigate the transit system while my daughter was working. All of the staff was very friendly, speaking to us when we were leaving or coming in. It was nice to have the full kitchen and there were places to get groceries within walking distance. Breakfast was always clean and stocked but I would agree about the breakfast ending too early, especially on the weekend. That would not prevent me from going back. This hotel is centrally located, close to transit and Millineum Park.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the north side of Michigan Avenue offer a great view.