“Exactly right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Ranked #28 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Exactly right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just stayed for 5 days and 4 nights for business purposes. Having stayed at a few other hotels in the immediate area I can easily say that THIS is the one I would return to. The rooms are bigger, better equipped, have nicer views, and, rather than charge you for every little thing, you get wifi, breakfast, fitness center, and a morning paper included.

The staff were extremely helpful and well informed. Juanita took care of my room to perfection.

Room Tip: If you ask for a front corner room you will get a great view either up or down Michigan Ave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Juanita and the staff will be delighted to see your kind compliments on their service! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for sharing your experience. When you are next in Chicago, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your reservation.

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed on the 20th floor - great view, wonderful maid service (thank you, Marisol Luna!) and very helpful staff at the front desk as well. Room was wonderful. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in away from home! I have a sleep number bed at home so I was not expecting much but I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the 20th floor but I would recommend this as a GREAT place to stay!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marisol will be deighted to see your kind compliments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. Good sized rooms, clean, very comfortable beds, good breakfast selections, washer and dryer... and the staff is AWESOME! I cannot say enough about how good the customer service is here. If you stay here, park at the Hard Rock for $40 a day. That's the best parking price you're going to get!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. The staff will be delighted to see your compliments on their service. They do strive for awesome service, so thank you for sharing this! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when your travels next bring you to Chicago.
Dundee, Scotland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Fantastic staff, fantastic location and comfortable suite. We were initially allocated the 10th floor but upgraded on Arrival to the 22nd floor-amazing views. The staff recommendations for places to eat where spot on. Would highly recommend the sweetwater tavern. The hotel location is so good we walked everywhere including shedd aquarium and navy pier. Would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and your dining recommendation. The staff will be delighted to see your compliments on their service. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when your travels next bring you to Chicago.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am in the service industry and I have to say that I was absolutely blown away by the level of service over my two night stay. The hotel itself was convenient to my downtown meeting location, very clean, and had all the ammenities but the service is what rocked my experience. Brandon and Amanda (they ran the afternoon to evening front desk) were there to give constant recommendations to my team and every place was wonderful. As busy as Brandon and Amanda were doing their job, they always took time to speak with us, joke around, and my team absolutely LOVED every minute of our stay here. Everyone felt safe and if we needed anything, we just called them. I also love the fact they always had a smile on their faces and wrote down every recommendation and included a map that showed exactly where to go.

I will only be stay with Comfort Suites in the future when I am downtown. The level of customer service stood out and I look forward to referencing some of the things I observed Brandon and Amanda doing for guests at my next training meeting. When I was a little, I remember how fun, exciting, and special you felt when you stayed at a hotel. I actually felt very special and VIP on my recent stay here, just like when I was a kid. We are always looking for what sets our company apart in our industry, how to stay a step ahead of the millions of other competitors. Comfort Suites has that wow factor with Brandon and Amanda!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Brandon and Amanda will be full of joy when they see the kind compliments you have given them. It’s truly wonderful to see that they made you and your team feel like a VIP. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when your travels next bring you to Chicago.
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend and enjoyed the location and price very much. It was a nice touch to also have small washer and dryer in the room. Lots of room in the king suite we had and the employees were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience from your long weekend stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the space in your room and that you enjoyed the staff. We would love to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time at this hotel. I was there with friends in November 2011 and again with same friends plus one extra,a group of 4 ladies total. The staff is the best, helpful, friendly, and outgoing. The room we had this time was the Penthouse with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I believe there are two penthouses but I don't know if they are both 2 bedrooms. We had a small balcony and a view of the park and Sears/Willis Tower. The room itself was in need of some cosmetic repair,peeling wall paper, paint scraped in spots, water damage marks. The place was functional for us and we did not complain, we were just happy to be back in Chicago. The room we had on our first visit was an executive suite facing the River and was in much better condition. This will continue to be my go to place in Chicago because of the staff and I know that not all rooms are in need of repair. I still believe this is one of the best hotels in Chicago. Thank you Comfort Suites staff!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and your loyalty to our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the space in your room. We will certainly ensure we work to ensure any repairs are completed. The staff will be thrilled to see your kind compliments on their service. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when you are next in Chicago.
Natalie Furka-Padgett

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!