“Another great visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Ranked #24 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Antigua, Guatemala
“Another great visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Second time staying at the Comfort Suites. Cannot beat the location on Michican Ave. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. It is always great when you are staying for several days to have a washer/dryer so you do not need to pack as many clothes.

Room Tip: Always ask to stay on the Michigan Ave side if you want a good view. You can get rooms with balconie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent visit! I am delighted that you enjoyed yet another visit with our hotel. I will certinaly pass along the compliments to the staff.

We cannot wait to welcome you back during your next trip to Chicago!

833 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel from May 11- May 16. The hotel was near all of the attractions (or a bus stop to reach the attractions). There was a free breakfast. Our suite was very clean and had a great view The staff was very nice. Cecilia was particularly helpful. We loved Chicago. We will definitely visit, again, and stay at Comfort Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Cecilia will be delighted to see that she and the staff made your stay enjoyable. We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back to Chicago. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Fby, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The company I worked for booked this room for a convention after most of the higher rated hotels were already sold out. We paid way too much for the room, but during a convention this is expected. My room was reserved/paid for through Expedia. The room that I checked into first was terrible, sad, scary. It was on the 2nd floor, overlooking what appeared to be a cigarette butt pit. There was a nasty towel out on the landing (? - not sure what it was) and other garbage. The windows were literally screwed shut, which had me a little concerned about my safety considering the glass probably wasn't shatterproof. There were cigarette burns in the carpet. The A/C wasn't working at first, so it was pretty stuffy. Unfortunately, they couldn't move me that evening due to being sold out. They also told me the rate I paid was for a 2nd floor room with no view. I don't mind not having a view of the city, but I'd rather not look at trash. Anyway! The maintenance/housekeeping staff came that afternoon and got the A/C working, and told me they were going to be able to move me the next day. They told me to leave my suitcase in the room & they would take care of it. They did. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating, specifically Erin and Amanda. I don't know what this hotel would cost on an average stay, but in my case it was exceptionally overpriced. My new room on the 17th floor was in better shape and the view is much more appealing. The breakfast is very below average, in my opinion. There isn't any fresh fruit, and the eggs are weird puck-like things that I've seen in similar type hotels. I think this would be a great hotel for a family who plans on spending the majority of their trip sight seeing, but who wants to save some money by cooking a meal or two in the hotel. Also, the rooms are quiet compared to big hotels where there are 100's of guests on each floor. There are four suites per floor, at least where I was. Not much external noise (you will hear an occasional door slamming or sirens, anywhere.) Decent overall, very quick response from the staff & management - that goes a long way. I would rather have better customer service with a little more humble accommodations than to be treated poorly in a swanky hotel. Overall I'm pleased, and I would recommend this hotel again, just be careful if you book through Expedia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor - avoid the 2nd floor like the plague, especially room 203.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. Erin and Amanda will be delighted that, while there were some challenges with your first room, they were able to ensure a positive experience with our hotel. When you are next coming to Chicago, please feel free to contact us directly so we can ensure a flawless second visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Location, location, location. This hotel is at a prime location in downtown Chicago, with major tourist attractions within walking distance of close by. Rooms are well appointed and have all the amenities required for a family stay. Staff is pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind words! The staff will be delighted to see the compliments. We also love our location! Please do not hestiate to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Trying to modify an earlier report on this hotel, (beware,,,). but will just start a new one. I shared my disappointment with the quality of my premium deluxe room on the 5th floor which wasn't in good shape and looked into the hvac systems. After the first night the manager moved us to a room on the 24th floor that was in much better condition, very bright with a great view. The front desk people, especially Amanda, remain very friendly and accommodating and both Amanda and the Manager followed up to be sure we were satisfied with the new room. They helped turn this into a great experience in Chicago and we are enjoying our vacation.

Stayed May 2013
I am delighted to see we were able to accomodate you! Please do not hesitate to contact us again when you are next in the Chicago area so we can ensure your next arrival is flawless.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I was here and Nader and Brandon were some awesome concierges they told me where to go and what to do and I know what you are thinking. "Oh, comfort suits is budget" but they have really nice rooms and you can still drink at the hard rock down the street. Live your life by what Brandon and Nader tell you to do. You will have a great life. It might be super good. You need to pay them more.

• Stayed May 2013
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with our hotel. Brandon and Nader will be thrilled to see your kind compliments on their service! When you are next in Chicago, we would love to welcome you back.

Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staffs in the front desk are not customer-oriented at all. They ignore the presence of the customers, talk among themselves and not very friendly to each other even in front of the customers. They are not helpful at all when I encountered the problems in wi-fi, the only assistance they can provide is pass me the 1-800 number which I really do not think it meets the service standard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Natalie F, Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I truly apologize that we did not meet your needs during your stay. If you are still staying with us, please do not hesitate contact the manager on duty so we can assist you. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me.

Natalie Furka-Padgett

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!