“Excellent Place with great breakfast and very good location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent Place with great breakfast and very good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Value for money place. Very big suites, Location is huge advantage being on Michigan Ave with very short distance to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile....Nice staff... Free breakfast was really very well done. Kudos to the staff and owners...Keep it up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review and for allowing us to host you. I too just love our location and outgoing staff. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had such a wonderful experience. Even though we only stayed for one night, the stay was seamless from check-in to check-out. We were greeted by a very pleasant and amicable front desk personnel, Nadar, who really seemed to take great pride in his work and in the hotel. He even called to make sure that the room was up to par. Being a chicago native, seeing the city skyline is not a new site. However, our room had a view that would make any native chicagoan feel like they were seeing the city for the first time. Great location, great guest services, spacious and clean room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Choose the queen room over the king room. It is actually a larger room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recommendation. I am thrilled Nadar and the rest of our team took such wonderful care of you and that you were so impressed with our views and location. Please visit us again soon!
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Noticed right away the friendliness of the staff. They were polite, helpful and quickly responsive to all out needs. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was convenient to area attractions. The breakfast was good. I would recommend getting there before 8:30 as they were out of many things by 8:45. The only reason I am not giving this hotel a "excellent" rating is that the facility is somewhat worn, but as I mentioned early, it was very clean, comfortable and in a good location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I am pleased you found us clean, comfortable and a great location. I am so happy our team took such great care of you. Please visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. It's basically an apartment equipped with full kitchen and washer and dryer. Nice view of the river and excellent location!!! I will only stay at this hotel when visiting Chicago now. Cannot beat the price.

• Stayed December 2012
I am so glad you found our hotel fantastic and that we will be your 1st hotel choice in Chicago. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return!
Messina, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Chicago in January 2013 with a colleague of mine for a Conference. We spent 6 nights at Comfort Suites on N Michigan Av. It was a great stay! We had a very large room, with two queen beds and a lot of free space. There were also a kitchen, a small room with the ironing board and the strongbox, and two wardrobes. The only defect was that the washbasin was out of the small bathroom (it was in a discreet area of the room anyway). Wi-fi worked and breakfast was rich in my opinion. I ate a lot of donuts and yogurts. My collegue cooked everyday his waffle. Nonetheless, I really appreciated the kindness of the personnel at the front desk, in particular of Nadir and Shon (I hope to remember their names correctly). They were so friendly and lovable the first night when I arrived and I had to wait for my colleague who had booked the room. Shon, your suggestions were perfect! Nadir, come and visit Italy asap.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I am so thrilled you found our staff so helpful and friendly. Thank you for your business and I am pleased you found our hotel comfortable and productive for your convention. Please visit us again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a gem of a location in the heart of Chicago. I highly recommend it. The staff is friendly and dedicated to customer service. I left my cell phone charger in the room and it was mailed to me promptly.

Room Tip: If you like the sights and sounds of the city like me, ask for a room facing Michigan Ave.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for the recommendation, I am so pleased you found your stay excellent and that we provided great service. Please visit us again soon!
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were in Chicago for the weekend, and decided to see what all the Tripadvisor hype was about. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a one bedroom corner suite due to our Choice Privileges status -- excellent! Our suite had a fully stocked kitchen (including a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher), eating area, living room, work desk, and even a washer and dryer. We had lots of room to move around and enjoy dinner with friends. The wrap-around windows and the view of Michigan Avenue and the Carbon and Carbide Building (Hard Rock Hotel) really made the room special.

Beyond the room, it was clear that the staff at this hotel were having fun with their jobs, and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. They were happy to give advice and remind us of all the free perks like wired/wireless internet access, breakfast, and luggage storage.

The location couldn't be better -- right on Michigan Avenue near the river -- steps from the Mag Mile, Cultural Center, Wrigley Building, Millenium Park, and bus/"L" stops.

The only thing we weren't 100% thrilled about was the breakfast. They advertised a full American-style breakfast, but it was really just a continental breakfast with egg "pucks". Note to hotel staff: an egg puck and waffle machine does not constitute a full hot breakfast.

The room would have been a steal even without the breakfast, so we were happy. The hotel definitely lived up to its hype. Thanks, Comfort Suites and Tripadvisor!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am thrilled we lived up to our reviews. I could not agree more that our location and views are awesome and am so pleased our staff was outgoing and friendly. Next time you want to return contact me directly. Thank you!

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!