“Great place, Great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Ranked #24 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place, Great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here with my 7 year old son for a long weekend vacation.

We chose this place for its location and price, and were not at all dissapointed.

It appears from the layout of the building that the 1-bed suites are on the back of the building, and the 2-bed suites get the front. from our northwest corner on the 15th floor, we could see a sliver of Michigan/Wacker and the river, and had ground-to-spire views of the new Trump tower and the Art-Deco 35 E. Wacker building....as well as a comanding view of the backside and fire-scapes of the old London Guarantee Building. Neat, if you're into noir.

The room was clean and quiet (the two most important things in a hotel), and everything worked. If you demand everything in a hotel room be less than a year old... you and I probably won't get along, which is fine because you'll be staying somewhere else. We had a full kitchen that I thought I wouldn't use, but I did. The tub was big and the water was hot, perfect for my sinus infection.

The helpful Nadir and lovely Amanda really made this place stand out; always eager to help and always treated us as freinds. Amanda remembered taking my reservation a week prior, she had set us up with the highest available room after hearing it was my sons first stay in Chicago. Nadir was quick to help when my first key-card failed to open my door, and acompanied me to the room to make sure I'd get in (one way or another) and get settled. They were my go-to for any information I needed, and genuinely seemed to enjoy helping out. The smaller the hotel, the bigger you are as a guest.

Room Tip: Always call the building itself and ask them questions. I never use online booking or call centers.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience. I am thrilled you enjoyed our amazing service, awesome views and clean/comfortable appointed suites. Please visit us again soon.

834 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We selected this hotel because of price alone, but it turned out to be a true hidden gem!!! We were on the 14th floor in a room facing the river. It was wonderful. It was my daughters 10th birthday. When I mentioned this when checking in and then when we came back down to go out for dinner, Amanda at the front desk had a card and sucker bouquet made for her. That was so awesome, I about cried. They made us feel so welcome, like we just arrived home. The staff was great, the rooms are well appointed. My husband was mad that my daughter and i wanted to stay downtown because of the traffic hassles and cost of parking. When we checked out he said "this was awesome, I am glad we stayed here"

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am thrilled Amanda and our staff helped make your childs 10th birthday a memorable one. Please contact me directly when you wish to return!
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night here a weekend ago for our anniversary. We are on a bit of a budget so we decided to not do it too big on the hotel. We got a great rate, but that was probably the only good thing about this hotel, well that and its great location. Our room was dated and falling apart, nothing special at all. The "free wifi" was probably wifi they stole from another hotel because it was very poor. We even found bloody towels in our bathroom. How is this dingy hotel the 16th rated hotel in Chicago on trip advisor? Guarantee you can find a nicer hotel for around the same price somewhere else in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you sharing your feedback and am sadden you did not get to enjoy the excellent experience we strive to provide for all guests. Please contact me directly so I can resolve this for you.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i had stayed at this hotel last summer with girlfriend and again with some friends again this year and this is a great hotel, has washer and dryer in room, plus fridge and stove and bar area this hotel is so close to shops, resturants, and bars all in walking distance. also navy peir and magnificant mile are walking distance this hotel has lots to offer and great staff

Room Tip: all rooms i have stayed in this hotel are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your repeat business. I am so pleased you find our hotel to be the perfect fit for your travels and that you enjoy our various style of suites. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The view of Michigan avenue and the skyscrapers from the 25th floor in the spacious executive suite is tremendous. The staff was friendly and helpful. The walk to the Blue Line (for O'Hare) is not far (less than half a mile) so you can save on cab fare as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed ouyr staff, awesome location and unbeatable views. Please visit us again soon, thank you!
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Patrick Kennedy is really awesome, he took care of our reservations very well. We stayed there twice, from the first time I booked our room from Bangkok Thailand on Dec. 2012 and from the time we were in Brentwood Tennessee on Jan. 2013, and our rooms were upgraded too! Thank you so much Patrick. Not only that, the staff also in the reception area are all friendly and courteous. Our taxis were taken cared of too. What an amazing service!

The location in North Michigan Avenue is superb for shopping, the centennial park, and the loop. The suites that we stayed at were nicely decorated, equipped with kitchen facilities, living and dining area, and very clean. The reception area is small but the friendly atmosphere makes up for it.

We will definitely stay in Comfort Suites again the next time we come back home!

Room Tip: Check out the reviews before deciding to stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our service, location and amenities. Please contact me when you are ready to visit us again!
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The friendly staff and awesome accommodations made this a great night away from home! The views are magnificent and the beds are like clouds! I have never had a bad experience when staying at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I so much enjoyed reading your review and we are grateful for your repeat business. Please visit us again soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!