“Quaint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Nashville, Tennessee
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Staff here are fantastic - property is older but remodeled nicely - rooms spacious and comfortable - 2 issues prevent an excellent rating: 1) the hotel is in the middle of the block and parking is around the side of the block - we used the valet service at the Hard Rock Hotel. Not a real issue until we had to haul our luggae in the rain to pick up our car. 2) the hotel uses Ethostream internet portal - I have had issues getting on at other Comfort Suites and this was no exception (staff at all acknowledge that Ethostream can be an issue) - once on it works well - but - you occasionally get bumped off and must log in again. I would stay here again if I did not have a car to park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and for your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and staff. Please contact me directly when returning to Chicago, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was blown away when I had stayed at the Comfort Suites. It's true what they say... location, location, location.... with the hotel located right on Michigan Avenue, you'll have some fantastic views and you're within walking distance to everything. The rooms are incredibly spacious, open and it has all the amenities you'll need. My room even had a washer and dryer! The hotel is obviously well maintained and is quite busy... it's the place to be for sure! Probably the biggest plus to this hotel is the staff.... Wow! very friendly, outgoing, fun and helpful....kudos to the manager, as they really know the meaning of customer service and they get it. Thanks for making my stay so memorable, and I definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Some of the corner rooms offer exceptionally great views of the city!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased you were blown away with your stay. Please contact me when returning and I will make your arrangements.
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Perfect location in Chicago downtown. Ideal for families, nicely decorated suits. Complimentary breakfast was good, too.
But; the breakfast area was very small so you could not find place to sit.
Second; I had made a reservation 3 months ago for 2 "premier deluxe suit" but when we arrived to hotel they gave us one "standart suite" and one "premier deluxe suit". Decorations of those suits were totaly different. I objected to it but nobody dissolved the problem. They just advised me that when you booked any room from this hotel, you need to confirmed your booked room..:((

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed our unbeatable location and well appointed suites. I would like to learn more about your room type issue, please contact me directly so I may resolve this for you.
Chicago,Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had a perfect stay; great location, huge suite with a fantastic view, and a fabulous staff. Absolutely love everything about this hotel. Thank you all at Comfort Suites for making my stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Any room with Michigan Ave view is fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I am so pleased you feel like we are your home away from home and enjoy our staff. We are very grateful for your business and hope to welcome you back soon!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have used the Comfort Suites in downtown Chicago for several student group trips, and each time we have been extremely satisfied with the fantastic customer service the staff provides--from the manager to the front desk folks to the maintenance people. Everyone is always friendly and helpful, and goes out of their way to make us feel welcome and "at home". Plus, the rooms (with kitchens and washer/dryer) are perfect for travelers on a budget. The location of the Comfort Suites downtown is ideal for our trip over Thanksgiving, close to amenities, tourist attractions, and shopping; many things are within walking distance, and there is always a great buzz along Michigan Avenue!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your repeat business. I am so glad you are impressed with the service we provide. We hope to welcome you back next year!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

You can find in this hotel the quality, location, price, and friendly staff.

The location is very convenient with walking distance to many restaurants and within half a mile from the of Magnificent Mile and the Art Institute of Chicago. and very close to the major chicago attractions.The front desk staff and housekeeping were friendly and accommodating.The rooms are large and comfortable with a full kitchen, laundry and walk-in closets. Self parking is located on 111E Wacker Dr about 3 min walking ($32.00/night).

Overall I give the Comfort Suites chicago location a thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our friendly and accomodating staff and oversized suites. Please visit us again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Was in Chicago on business for 2 nights in early November. Appreciated the proximity to the State/Lake station, as well as to many locations of interest. Best part, though, was being able to kick back in the suite-style room in the evening. Appreciated the kitchen, extra lounge space, and comfortable bed with a fantastic view. Will be returning next month and will definitely be staying here!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I am so pleased you enjoyed our spacious suites that allowed you to lounge, our unbeatable views and great location. I truly wish to thank you for your business and hope you will contact me to arrange your return visit next month!

Been to Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue? Share your experiences!