“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

71 W Monroe, Chicago, IL 60603
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cantina Italian Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,297 of 8,382 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clark and Dearborn
Transit: Blue line and red line trains. Clark bus #22
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went there for appetizers and drinks. Bar was busy, but we got served right away. Food was excellent and average priced. I would recommend the goat cheese appetizer.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fishers, Indiana
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not great, but not bad. Would choose another location to eat at on the next trip to Chicago. Large portions and price was not too high, but was missing something all around.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location to go the majestic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Food was good , staff very nice tables are very small! They got us in and out in time for the play . Much better restaurants but if you are going to the theatre this good

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Olive garden is better!,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Went here on a romantic date night. We had reservations but still had to sit in the hallway before the main dining room. The food was bland and not very good. I would have rather eaten at olive garden. I will not be coming back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
BoyneCity, MI
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'm not a big fan to dine alone but on business trips I have no choice. My one night for a wonderful meal means a lot to me when I visit Chicago so I choose very carefully. I wanted to stay near my hotel and this was right around the corner and sounded interesting, Italian Village Restaurants. Upon entering the building in the lobby there was a lighted showcase of the menus for a selection of three places to dine within. From my take a casual pizza fare, a mediocre price point serving dinners, and one that was more exclusive. I picked the middle of the selection called La Cantina. As I was being seated I passed through a hallway which gave me the feel of a little Italy. I snapped a picture but it didn't turn out. My server came immediately with a menu and water. I wasn't sure which beer on tap would please my palate so he graciously brought me both to sample, Stella beer 5.50 it was. A good choice, I had never tasted it before and was very light just how I like it. Now for my entree, a hard choice it all sounded so good. I selected the seafood ravioli (tort del mar $17.95) with their soup as a start. The soup was a tomato base minestrone very good as was the warm fresh baked mini bread loaf. I dipped it in olive oil that was a staple to each table. Omg I made such a great choice, I was happy happy and hadn't even seen the entree yet. The entree was Fabulous need I say anymore. I couldn't finish it so I took it back with me to nibble on it in my hotel room. I would highly recommend this wonderful place. My waiter Jose M was great too.

• Visited August 2012