“Little Gem just off the Magnificent Mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #63 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Little Gem just off the Magnificent Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

What a great downtown, moderately priced hotel, with a perfect location. Good pool area ( though a spoiled 9 and 8yr old felt it was a little “lame” as it didn’t have the waterslides like the Water parks in the Dells. However, this didn’t stop them from hours of swimming.) Smallish whirlpool that was nice and hot, and comfortable seating areas made it a nice place to relax after a day on the go. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean with a refrigerator/microwave and sofa bed in ours. The 2 beds and sofa bed suited us well for this trip (2 adults/2 children). The bathrooms were basic, yet clean with nice amenities and a good hair dryer.

Reception area was well staffed with friendly people, candy offered in the afternoon and fresh fruit in the morning. Really makes for a welcoming welcome. The door was managed by the nicest Doorman/bellman/public relations person I have run across in ages. Phillip would be an asset to any 4 diamond hotel on Michigan Ave.

Just a block off Michigan Ave, this little gem offers quality service, a good sleep, and a reasonable alternative if you are not looking for glitz and glamour.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Four Points is in a great spot in downtown Chicago, accessible to both the Mag Mile and Rush Street, you can walk everywhere. Friendly front desk employees, very helpful valets. My husband and I ran the Chicago marathon and needed a late checkout, even though the hotel was soldout they were very helpful with us and our schedule. Good pool, one of the few downtown.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I drove to Chicago for a fun weekend with our two girls 5 and 7 yrs. I had researched many of the hotels in the city and preferred to be near Mag Mile shops and especially walking distance to American Girl store. When my husband and I travel we prefer the higher end locations with nice decor and outstanding service and amenities. This time my main concern was location and a reasonable rate. The Four Points was a pleasant surprise and all the reviews about great customer service are true.

The concierge/doorman (Darron) was so outgoing and friendly and really made us feel welcome and at home. We got to know him as we went on our adventures every day. Not like some other hotels where they make you feel like you're a bother. The foyer was very nicely decorated with Chahuly (sp) prints and glass art around, and the kids were thrilled to find a candy dish that was stocked regularly while we were there. They also had an American Girl doll on display with a drawing for a free doll or discount of some kind.

The parking garage (attached) was tight to get into with our Yukon, but once inside was fine. I think it was $38/night for guests. Inside the parking elevator to the hotel, it was nice to find complimentary coffee made. Also, there is a Trader Joe's and Starbuck's, not off the lobby, but inside the same building on the next corner over. There's plenty of Chicago deep dish pizza in walking distance for even little legs. (Pizzaria Due is across the street, Gino's East on Superior just up Michigan, and our favorite, Giordano's up the street on Rush & Superior.) For finer dining there's the Laury's steak house right across the street as well. For shopping you are literally 1 block off Michigan Avenue, so shop till you drop!

This hotel while maybe not that impressive by the pictures, and being an 8-story building instead of a skyscraper, is still perfect for a quick weekend with the kids. I was so glad we didn't pay for the Park Hyatt, or Drake because we really had everything we needed without the stuffy attitudes.

They have an indoor pool (a little chilly) and elevated hot tub, and also have a nice/small workout room with individual TV screens in front of each machine with fresh earpeice covers and free bottled water.

Regarding the room, we booked a Queen/Queen room and it ended up having a sofa sleeper also in the room which was unexpected. If you need that you should probably request to be sure you get it. I was left regretting I didn't invite my mom to go with us!

The room is a little tight like most hotel rooms, but we were not in the room that much, only to drop off our goodies. They have an MP3 speaker player for iPods, a hard wire internet connection/port, and mini frig, microwave and coffee maker. It was nice to have the frig for leftover pizza! Bathroom was nothing fancy but clean and adequate. Pictures were tasteful and pillows were quite comfy. The bed was a little firm for me but my husband loved it.

The staff was great, and when my husband went down to the desk to request more towels, they said to please not worry about a thing and in the future just call down and they would send up whatever we needed. It seems they have a great training program regarding customer service, because every time you passed anyone in the hotel that worked there, they stopped what they were doing, looked you in the eye and said hello or even started a conversation. Great mid-western friendly feel!

As you can tell we highly recommend 4 Points! Say hi to Darron for us from the family with the redhead from St. Louis.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Aurora, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I stayed at the Four Points for two nights and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the Magnificent Mile part of downtown. The access to everything in the River North/Magnificent Mile area is phenomenal. It's a block West of Michigan Ave, and in the heart of all the shopping and restaurants in the River North area. Given that it's cheaper than many hotels in the area, it's a great value for the location.

The rooms are nice. A little sparse, but definitely nice. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom looked like it was recently renovated. There is wireless (and wired) FREE internet service in all of the rooms (and a business center in the hotel where you can use a computer if you didn't bring your own). There was also free bottled water in the room.

The staff was very accommodating too. They easily switched my reservation (the day of arrival) from a king bed to two double beds.

If you park in their hotel parking lot, it's $38 for your entire stay. That's a great deal for leaving your car in the city for 2.5 days (as we did). You also get to leave your car in the parking lot until 6pm (i.e., 6 hours past check-out).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I booked a double king bed with a sofa that could be used as a bed. We found the room clean and very nice on the 7th floor. The hotel is smoke free and we never smelled smoke. We used the business center to check our personal emails as it was open all night. We did not use the pool due to a heavy chlorine smell.
The front desk clerk Genise was very friendly and helpful as was the doorman who was always quick to open the door and offer a smile. I believe his name was Ezra.......... We had to get up really early and leave the hotel to attend a A.M Oprah show taping. We mentioned it to Genise the night before and a cab was waiting for us around 5:30 am. It was also raining, and the security guard was nice enough to give us a Umbrella to use for the day. Our hotel was one block from the Magnificent Mile, and honestly was close to everything. I would not hesitate to use this hotel again. It was clean, quiet and the staff were very friendly and service oriented.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Holland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

My 17 year old granddaughter and I stayed for the first time at this hotel based on the recommendation of friend who had just stayed there. We arrived on Friday, 8/21, earlier than planned and were greeted so warmly by the bellman and staff we could not believe it - it made us feel as though we were truly welcomed! Even though we were early we were given a room, the room was exceptionally clean and remained that way until our departure on Sunday, 8/23. We cannot say enough about this hotel's staff from the cleaning folks on up we were greeted at all times - very unusual and I have traveled a lot of places and stayed in a lot of hotels and have never been made to feel so welcome; nor have I experienced such a clean hotel. The pillows, towels, bedding were great and we slept just wonderfully. We also liked the location - it was only a block up from Michigan Avenue on Ontario so it was an easy access to everywhere we needed to be and we could stop back any time for a break and not have to go so far. Great place, great staff and we will go back. Thanks for the experience!

Lexington, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I have stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton in Nashville (fancy lobby, large rooms, big flatscreen TV) and was expecting something along the same lines when I booked this hotel. It's definitely not the same-- most everything is fairly average. I got a great rate for this room on Priceline though, so I wasn't really upset about it. Two things that did irritate me: (1) we were told there was a continental breakfast. I guess I've not stayed at many fancy hotels, because I was very surprised when I wandered down and they wanted $28 per person for breakfast. Ouch. I can't tell you how it was because we left and went to Starbucks (just around the corner). (2) Parking for two nights cost me $78. It's not even valet. Seemed a little ridiculous.

This hotel is in a great location. It's just off Michigan Avenue, right where all the great shopping is. You can grab a cup of coffee, catch the bus, grab a cab, whatever. It's all right there. The staff was also very helpful and knowledgeable. So, while this wasn't the plush hotel I was expecting, it certainly met my expectations as far as comfort and quietness.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!