“Lowest price for the ammenities/location/helpful curteous staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rush

You added Hotel Rush to your Saves list
Hotel Rush
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown) (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Lowest price for the ammenities/location/helpful curteous staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The best is that they have computers you can use ( for those of you like me, no smartphone). The pool was super-fun for my 14 year old son, and patio area on the 5th floor ( my hubby liked to grab a quick cigarette there). Rooms are not deluxe but comfortable, clean and quiet. The location is better than BIG 5 star hotels near by. I absolutely love that they offer free fresh coffee in the lobby( I NEED my coffee). The staff were all very friendly , helpful and they have lots of Chicago knowledge ( they can help with directions, entertainment, dining ....anything they know it all!)
I rate Four Points by Sheraton( downtown Chicago) FIVE points! Excellent place to lay your head safely and comfortably after a long day exploring all that Chicago has to offer! Trust me I've lived in the Chicago suburbs all my life and frequently stay downtown for special occasions , and weekend get-aways...as a matter of fact my birthday is coming next month and I'll book a 2 night stay here for sure! You wont find a better price in this location.

Room Tip: stay on the 5th floor if you want to swim or get some air on the patio. All the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
fourpointschicago, General Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
DearChiTownFun4me,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are delighed you chose our hotel for your stay and thank you for being our guest. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance for your return visit next month when you celebrate your birthday. Thank you again for the great review.
maryorlando@fourpointschicago.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Four Points has everything you need to fill in the blanks for your time in Chicago.

Located near a breakfast restaurant? Check

Located near a grocery store for snacks and drinks? Check

Located need everything you have read about in a travel guide? Check

Located by great shopping and movie theatres? Check

The Four Points, although not the most glamours hotel in Chicago, is the perfect place for a home base while enjoying everything the Windy Cindy has to offer. After staying there for a week over the Fourth of July, the Four Points got Four stars from start to finish. Stop looking and book it.

Green Features: Get extra Starwood Points when you skip room service OR a $5 credit to spend at the store. We bought ice cream and bottles of water each day; it was a great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
fourpointschicago, General Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Wendy N,
Thank you very much for your extraordinary review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown Magnicent Mile and for choosing our hotel. We absolutely agree with you, "Why Stay Anywhere Else" and delighted to hear you found everything you need at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to dowtown Chicago. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance. Thank you again for the review and for being our guest.
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel seems to have best location at Ontario and N Rush... Totally in the middle of everything! Great hotel overall could be updated a bit but here are some PROS: doorman Bobby and front desk Shelby were very helpful and patient with all my questions (I'm sure they answer the same Qs a few times everyday), housekeeping very friendly and helpful, I only ask for what's needed and don't get service everyday that way I can collect 250 extra SPG points nightly, pool (5th floor) open until 10, gym small but open 24hours, there's a terrace connected to pool to if you need get some air without having to hang out on the sidewalk, breakfast restaurant (e.leaven) connected with reasonable prices for breakfast/lunch, sushi also connected but I didn't try, trader joe's grocery with fresh fruit around the corner, security feature in elevator requires room key to initiate ride, free coffee in lobby every morning, wifi free and connection pretty good, beds super comfy, blinds completely blackout rooms, rooms seem to completely block out noise (unless I just had a really quiet floor, although I heard the hotel was completely sold out the entire time I was there), mini fridge and microwave included in all rooms ...CONS: others at front desk not as friendly, seemed in hurry to get back to doing their own thing, rooms smaller than I'm used to, bathrooms clean but need to be updated, carpet by AC seemed to be damp, room furnishings need to be upgraded, hallways are long so try to stay closer to elevator, business center (4th floor) pretty isolated area, parking is went from $45/ night to $50/night (which seems to be standard) so we used ParkWhiz and scored cheap parking at Grand Plaza, 2 blocks away at N State, $70 for 3nights, there were other options closer for $120-160...OVERALL: pretty good and everything within 15 minute walk, restaurants and shops everywhere!!! I can't imagine a better location ...

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to elevator cuz halls are long...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
fourpointschicago, General Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear beendaredunwut,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience during your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago on Trip Advisor. We are happy you chose our hotel for your stay in Chicago and pleased you found our hotel as a "great location". We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and facility and will ensure the comments regarding others at our front desk are addressed in order to continue to provide our guests with excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Chicago. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance and to ensure you have a room close to the elevator.
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for a bachelorette in July for 2 nights. The location is fabulous! One block from the Mag Mile, Nordstrom's Rack is just down the road as is Argo Tea (must try), I wish we had known the first night that Trader Joe's is right around the corner in order to buy treats for the room. Our room had a fridge and microwave. Rooms were very clean. Water pressure was great, hot water was plentiful. I didn't use the pool but checked it out and it was good, I think the hot tub has been removed though. There was wifi throughout the hotel, very jelpful to people from Canada who want to keep in touch back home. The staff were so helpful and friendly! They helped us out with a few surprises for the bride and were great sports. This was my 7th time to Chicago, first time at this hotel, and I would def stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear iwillgothere,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your trip to Chicago and thank you very much for being our guest. Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff and facility. We look forward to wlecoming you back on your 8th trip to Chicago. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance to plan your trip.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the summer and it was one block from the magnificent mile an two blocks from several subway stations. You are able to walk to most of the big attractions downtown. Rooms are reasonable and the price was the best for the location!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear sarakunderwood,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear our location was perfect and the price was right for your accommodations. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Chicago.
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Chicago with two family members. Stayed week of July 28th. I researched hotels for a long time and Four Points came up with the amenities that I wanted (free wi fi, mini refrigerator, fitness center, safe). They also had the best price, with a special deal for more than at least a two night stay. I am not one to stay in a hotel room, I love to explore the city, thus I only need a clean, safe place to stay and this is what Four Points offered. Items are dated and a two marks were noted on the walls and carpet. Overall, it was spacious, clean and offered a lot of amenities.
Four points has wonderful customer service and housekeeping services. They helped answer local questions and even tried to help give me directions to the Midway airport on the phone, when I got lost......warning, there are no clear signs on the highway, get SPECIFIC directions before you leave the hotel. They also kept our luggage after check out until we left. I stayed in a two bed room, with a couch on 5th floor. The pool and fitness rooms are on this level. Our room faced the street. It was spacious, clean and the beds were soft. The shower was clean, with adequate pressure. There are no individualized conditioners and shampoo, just hand soap and lotion. They have a "pump system" in the shower. I always bring my own soap, so this was not an issue. The pull -out couch had clean sheets, and the mattress was creeky and old.....my daughter tolerated with a lot of blankets. The tv did not offer many channels and one time it went fuzzy with no signal, but again didn't mind; we only attempted to watch tv 2 of the 4 nights we stayed. The fitness room was small but had 2 elliptical machines, bicycles and 3 treadmills. There were also weights and balls. The patio is nicely set up, but non smokers be aware it appears to be used by those who smoke. The pool is small, has a nice set up with chairs, and rooms inside for rest-rooming and showering. Several families were observed to use it while I was exercising each morning. The pool area is away from the sleeping rooms which is fantastic. I love that we have access to a computer and printer (2 of each) in the business center, to look up information.
This location is fantastic to the mid-upper area of Chicago and you can walk to most all local attractions within 2-15 minutes. You can walk easily to the John Hancock tower, Michigan Ave., Ghiradelli's and Hersey's chocolate stores (get free samples each day if want a chocolate fix), Giordano's pizza, Chicago Tour Center (on Pearson Ave) and other local restaurants. Would definitely stay again!!!

Room Tip: Some street noise and heard the elevator a few times.
Green Features: Offer Green option, to use same towels and no room clean up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
fourpointschicago, General Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear PittsburghHardcritic,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your stay in Chicago and pleased our location was fantastic for the local attractions you visited. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Chicago.
Thank you for being our guest.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night for a quick girls' shopping/theatre trip. This was the PERFECT location for our purposes.
The room was clean, spacious, and well appointed. I appreciated the in room safe and mini fridge/microwave. We opted for a great lunch but quick dinner to get more shopping in before our theatre plans. There is a great variety of restaurants in the area as well as a Trader Joe's below part of the hotel.
With the hotel being one block off Michigan Avenue, the street noise was drastically less than my previous stay at the W on the Avenue. And they have the same great SPG dream beds!
I can't wait for the next theatre trip-we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear ryeholts,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We aare delighted you chose our hotel for your stay in Chicago and thank you very much for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Chicago for your next theatre trip.
maryorlando@fourpointschicago.com

Been to Hotel Rush? Share your experiences!