“Nice hotel. Fantastic location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rush

You added Hotel Rush to your Saves list
Hotel Rush
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown) (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #78 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
“Nice hotel. Fantastic location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is very nice. It is very clean (I am kinda of picky) and the staff is friendly. The doorman has gone above and beyond for us. We have a person in a wheelchair and they have all been so accommodating. There is a beautiful pool area with a hot tub and patio. You can look up through the skylight and see a huge skyscraper right above you. Very cool. A nice touch...free bottled water. As good as the hotel is the location is the real selling point. The hotel is one block off of Michigan Avenue. It feels very safe here. There are dozens of restaurants (including Giadano's Pizza--yum) with in walking distance. All of the nicest stores are right on Michigan Avenue. A lot of them are out of my price range (Gucci, Coach, Tiffany's) but it is fun to look. There are plenty of more reasonably priced stores (Marshall's, Gap, Macy's).
Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: The higher floors offer the views of Chicago. The lower floors really don't have a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear hunt4702,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are very happy that you found the staff to be so accommodating! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Housekeeping and Door staff. Thank you again, we hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

On a recent weekend trip to Chicago for the Holiday Parade, we chose the Four Points Sheraton for it's location and price. The hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable with coffee maker, microwave, and mini refrigerator in the rooms. The price for a Magnificent Mile Hotel is quite reasonable. The staff were friendly, and always helpful. The two small disappointments we had were the swimming pool, and the fact that there is no way to charge food to your room tab.

The hot tub was awesome, but the pool is designed more for children than adults. It's deepest point is 3' 6". But if swimming isn't your main concern, the hotel is definately worth checking out.

Room Tip: If you're on a budget, the basic rooms are very nice. But if you can afford the larger suites, t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sandy W,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am so pleased that you found our staff so helpful and accommodating. We strive to provide the best service we can. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago. Have a wonderful weekend!

Boulder Creek, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a great stay in this Four Points; as a frequent business traveler, I really appreciated its proximity to the loop and the lake. The bed as usual was great, but I was also pleasantly surprised at the size of the room - enough for a full desk, couch, and ottoman as well as the two double beds. In addition, it came with a microwave and mini fridge as well as coffee maker, so I could cozy up in an evening when I was just too tired to go out to eat. A nearby Whole Foods Market deli served up some healthy choice options, and it's also only a few blocks from the metro which meant very cheap, efficient and quick service to O'Hare airport. What could be better!

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor - the 8th, looking south, so had decent views of the cityscape. Here, l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear BlueBearBoulderCreek,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very happy that you found our rooms so large, comfortable and accomodating. We really love having the microwave and fridge in the rooms, they are great ammenities to be able to provide. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

near to everything!
nice staff!
very quite!
excellent bed and bathroom!
newspaper and wifi free!

as a tourists traveler this was our best choise we could ever made.
if you are tired from walking or tourism, it is easy to come back.
bus, metro, walk.

Room Tip: at the inside. room 1009.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Andreas J,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased that you found the hotel so accomodating. I am particularily happy that the staff was so friendly! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our 19-month old twins in October 2012. Staff was great -- from check-in (they put us in our room well before the official check-in time) through our departure and at all times in between. Cribs arrived right on time, and the room was a nice size for downtown Chicago. You really can't beat the location -- within walking distance of about 100 attractions. The pool was a nice bonus, but I have to say we were most surprised by the excellent on-site restaurant (E Leavan). My only criticism was the parking validation process -- had to come back to the front desk three times before they properly coded the ticket -- so give yourself plenty of time if you need to get to the airport!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Professionalloafer,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We appreciate your praise of the staff and your feedback regarding the parking tickets. I have addressed this with our Chief Engineer and we will investigate the ticket machines and the gate. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you and your family while you were in Chicago. We hope to see you again soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points for four nights in the ending of October. Since I used my SPG points for the stay, I cannot comment on the dollar value of this hotel. However, the points per night was less than the other Starwood hotels in Chicago. As others have mentioned, the Four Points is in an excellent location. It is a short block away from the Magnificant Mile, and all of it's stores and restaurants. It is also about a 5-10 minute walk away from the subway station. During our stay, my wife and I used the public bus more than the subway and majority of the buses have a stop on Magnificant Mile. In addition, Navy Pier is about a 15 minute walk. Here are some additional comments:

Checking In: After a overnight flight from Hawaii, we caught the airport shuttle from OHare airport and got to the hotel at about 1:00 pm. The doorman immediately assisted us and took our suitcases. Checking in was a breeze, after about 10 minutes from getting off the shuttle we had our card keys going to the room.

Elevator: In order to operate the elevator, you need your card key. I thought this was a minor inconvenience, but others might think differently.

Room: We had a standard king size bed room and it was perfect for the two of us. There was enough room for two people, plus three suitcases. Inside the room there was a small microwave oven and a small refrigerator. The only negative I have about the room was the bathroom sink was located in bathroom with the shower and toilet. I prefer where it is outside so another person can get ready as the second person is taking a shower.

Noise: We were on the 10th floor and I could hear the street noise, especially the sirens. If you want to have less noise, request a higher floor.

Internet: The good thing is there was no charge. The bad thing is the wireless service did not work the first night. I had to end up using the cord to plug into my computer. My wife could not use her ipad.

Other Parts of Hotel: I saw couple restaurants (we did not try them) and I heard there was a fitness area (did not use).

Parking: We did not park a vehicle becasue the daily parking rate seemed high.

Location: There is a Trader Joe's located right outside the hotel, so that made it convenient to buy some snacks and drinks for the room.

Staff: Every person we spoke to was very helpful, especially the doormen. I wish I remembered their names but I found them to be very pleasant and helpful. I think at times they were more helpful than the front desk staff.

Overall, we had a great experience at the Four Points. We would definately stay again at this hotel.

Dear gsuzuki,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was so helpful. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Doormen. Thank you again, we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel was in a great spot, not far from anything. Easy to get to, very friendly staff. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!! I'm super picky about everything, and the lobby smells good, everywhere I went was clean, and if we happened to pass a staff member they were always very nice, helpful and willing to answer any questions. Our room was cleaned each day to a T. They replenished everything we needed with out being asked The king size bed was amazing. I normally don't sleep well away from home, but my boyfriend and I both slept great. I was very happy with our experiance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: My boyfriend and I stayed on the 5th floor and we were right by the gym and pool.
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. I will be passing on your praise to our Housekeeping department as well! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Rush? Share your experiences!