“Great for business travel...or leisure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rush

You added Hotel Rush to your Saves list
Hotel Rush
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown) (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Boulder Creek, CA
“Great for business travel...or leisure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a great stay in this Four Points; as a frequent business traveler, I really appreciated its proximity to the loop and the lake. The bed as usual was great, but I was also pleasantly surprised at the size of the room - enough for a full desk, couch, and ottoman as well as the two double beds. In addition, it came with a microwave and mini fridge as well as coffee maker, so I could cozy up in an evening when I was just too tired to go out to eat. A nearby Whole Foods Market deli served up some healthy choice options, and it's also only a few blocks from the metro which meant very cheap, efficient and quick service to O'Hare airport. What could be better!

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor - the 8th, looking south, so had decent views of the cityscape. Here, l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear BlueBearBoulderCreek,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very happy that you found our rooms so large, comfortable and accomodating. We really love having the microwave and fridge in the rooms, they are great ammenities to be able to provide. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

near to everything!
nice staff!
very quite!
excellent bed and bathroom!
newspaper and wifi free!

as a tourists traveler this was our best choise we could ever made.
if you are tired from walking or tourism, it is easy to come back.
bus, metro, walk.

Room Tip: at the inside. room 1009.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Andreas J,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased that you found the hotel so accomodating. I am particularily happy that the staff was so friendly! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our 19-month old twins in October 2012. Staff was great -- from check-in (they put us in our room well before the official check-in time) through our departure and at all times in between. Cribs arrived right on time, and the room was a nice size for downtown Chicago. You really can't beat the location -- within walking distance of about 100 attractions. The pool was a nice bonus, but I have to say we were most surprised by the excellent on-site restaurant (E Leavan). My only criticism was the parking validation process -- had to come back to the front desk three times before they properly coded the ticket -- so give yourself plenty of time if you need to get to the airport!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Professionalloafer,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We appreciate your praise of the staff and your feedback regarding the parking tickets. I have addressed this with our Chief Engineer and we will investigate the ticket machines and the gate. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you and your family while you were in Chicago. We hope to see you again soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points for four nights in the ending of October. Since I used my SPG points for the stay, I cannot comment on the dollar value of this hotel. However, the points per night was less than the other Starwood hotels in Chicago. As others have mentioned, the Four Points is in an excellent location. It is a short block away from the Magnificant Mile, and all of it's stores and restaurants. It is also about a 5-10 minute walk away from the subway station. During our stay, my wife and I used the public bus more than the subway and majority of the buses have a stop on Magnificant Mile. In addition, Navy Pier is about a 15 minute walk. Here are some additional comments:

Checking In: After a overnight flight from Hawaii, we caught the airport shuttle from OHare airport and got to the hotel at about 1:00 pm. The doorman immediately assisted us and took our suitcases. Checking in was a breeze, after about 10 minutes from getting off the shuttle we had our card keys going to the room.

Elevator: In order to operate the elevator, you need your card key. I thought this was a minor inconvenience, but others might think differently.

Room: We had a standard king size bed room and it was perfect for the two of us. There was enough room for two people, plus three suitcases. Inside the room there was a small microwave oven and a small refrigerator. The only negative I have about the room was the bathroom sink was located in bathroom with the shower and toilet. I prefer where it is outside so another person can get ready as the second person is taking a shower.

Noise: We were on the 10th floor and I could hear the street noise, especially the sirens. If you want to have less noise, request a higher floor.

Internet: The good thing is there was no charge. The bad thing is the wireless service did not work the first night. I had to end up using the cord to plug into my computer. My wife could not use her ipad.

Other Parts of Hotel: I saw couple restaurants (we did not try them) and I heard there was a fitness area (did not use).

Parking: We did not park a vehicle becasue the daily parking rate seemed high.

Location: There is a Trader Joe's located right outside the hotel, so that made it convenient to buy some snacks and drinks for the room.

Staff: Every person we spoke to was very helpful, especially the doormen. I wish I remembered their names but I found them to be very pleasant and helpful. I think at times they were more helpful than the front desk staff.

Overall, we had a great experience at the Four Points. We would definately stay again at this hotel.

Dear gsuzuki,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was so helpful. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Doormen. Thank you again, we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel was in a great spot, not far from anything. Easy to get to, very friendly staff. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!! I'm super picky about everything, and the lobby smells good, everywhere I went was clean, and if we happened to pass a staff member they were always very nice, helpful and willing to answer any questions. Our room was cleaned each day to a T. They replenished everything we needed with out being asked The king size bed was amazing. I normally don't sleep well away from home, but my boyfriend and I both slept great. I was very happy with our experiance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: My boyfriend and I stayed on the 5th floor and we were right by the gym and pool.
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. I will be passing on your praise to our Housekeeping department as well! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our second trip to Chicago, and our second time staying at the Four Points. Last trip was as a couple, this time with our 2 kids (age 3 & 5). We stayed in an Extra Comfy room with double beds. We had hoped for a king bed, but the space worked out well for our family. The neighborhood felt classier this time - a dumpy hotel or apartment building across the street is now a boutique hotel. We love the attached hotel parking. The spaces are small, but the convenience of onside, non-valet parking was really nice. The hotel has 2 restaurants in the building, but on our short trip we didn't visit either. We did make use of the Trader Joes that is also in the building. The hotel pool was nice. It was small, but only 3'6" at its deepest which meant our 5 year old was able to stand up on the 3' shallow end. We will definitely consider staying here again if our travels bring us back to Chicago!

We did have a bachelorette party in the room across and next to us on our second night. We were nervous, but remarkably the only noise we heard was the door opening and closing. That is very difficult to silence in any hotel, but I would say this hotel was great at isolating room to room noise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jumbo789,

Thank you for your thorough review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are so happy that we were able to meet your needs during your stay in Chicago. We all love the Trader Joe's as well! I hope you choose us again on your next trip to Chicago. Thank you!

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

You can say that I've stayed in quite a few of the business hotels in the downtown/Magnificent Mile area: Marriott, Wyndham (Now Hyatt--haven't stayed in it as a Hyatt), Omni, InterContinental, Embassy Suites and the W Hotel a bit further away from Michigan. Although all of these are much more "luxurious" than the Four Points, I the Four Points competes well against them! Why? Because it is actually one block off of Michigan, so a little less noisy and it has a Trader Joes next door! No, really, because it has all that I need at a great rate: free wifi, a comfy bed and a good sized room with a couch and a great view. Check in was quick and nice. I am also a fan of small lobbies, so I liked that I could access the elevator quickly instead of walking a long way to get to the elevator.

I would say that the Wyndham and Omni are a little nicer, but at the price difference, I would choose the Four Points any day. I had mixed experiences at the InterContinental and Marriott, so would choose other hotels over them.

Room Tip: Trader Joes next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear SunnyDTraveler,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very happy that we meet your needs so well. I appreciate your comments and I will pass them on to the staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Rush? Share your experiences!