“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rush

You added Hotel Rush to your Saves list
Hotel Rush
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown) (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice location if you are in Chicago for shopping. One block from Michigan Avenue. Rooms are on the small side, nothing special. The linens were nice and fresh. The hallway carpets could use some cleaning.Having the outdoor patio area adjacent to the pool is nice. Would stay again if the price was right, there are too many good options in Chicago with breakfast for the same price as the Four Points.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear travelbug2265,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! We're glad you found the hotel comfortable. Thank you for your comments about the carpet, I have addressed this with our Housekeeping Manager and we are working to resolve this for your next trip. We hope to see you soon!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here with friends in June. We were looking for a place that didn't cost a fortune and that was conveniently located. Finally decided upon Four Points and glad we did.

The room was large and had a roll out couch, which was a plus with our group. There was nothing spectacular about the room or the hotel, but I don't have any complaints either. It was just sort of your average decent hotel, clean and comfortable.

The best thing about this place is the location. We walked pretty much everywhere, and it was close to the red line station. Took the train from O'Hare and up to Wrigley for a game. Good restaurants and bars close by, plus the action of the Magnificent Mile is a block away.

As I mentioned, we had no complaints, just a good value decent place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hanson111,

Thank you for you review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I'm so happy to hear you found the location ideal for your travel needs! We look forward to seeing you again on you next trip to Chicago.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just returned from our four-day honeymoon. The hotel really made the trip stress free. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to all major 'hot spots' including the magnificent mile, Navy Pier and the loop. All the restaurants near by were great. The staff was helpful in providing assistance for sight seeing and available every step of the way whether it was to grab a cab, get more towels or to make a recommendation. The room felt like a luxury suite with an extremely comfortable bed and all the comforts of a high-end hotel. We had such a great time that we plan on returning and staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren S,

Thank you so much for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! I'm so happy that we were able to accomodate all of your needs during your honeymoon! We're always happy to make someone's stay but it's more special when it is such an important trip. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jared Hassler, Front Offce Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Just returned home from a weekend in Chicago and had no issues with the Four Points. Location was perfect for walking every where. Staff was helpful and pleasant, every thing clean,and a very family friendly hotel. Bed was very comfy and free wifi always a plus. Parking was $45 a night but that is everywhere and really never moved the car from the parking garage. I worked out one morning and enjoyed the roof top garden area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cindylyne,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location perfect for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

A lot has been said about the great location of the hotel, so I'll skip that part.

Had two rooms for approximately 8 days, so it was not just a one night crash at the hotel. This is not your average 3-4 star Four Points. It was quite poorly managed in my opinion (SPG platinum, so I stay at SPG hotels a lot). Here are some examples:

1. When I checked in, I was *promised* I will get the two rooms together. The second room was for a friend coming in after a two days. When he arrived, the rude front office staff just said "just because someone said you will get the two rooms together, doesn't mean you will". Really? The lady who promised me the first day was Sedalia. The lady on the second encounter was Patricia. Watch out.

2. Twice during my stay, my key stopped working. When I called the front office, I was told, please come down with an ID. When I requested politely if they could send someone up with a duplicate key since I was carrying some groceries, the lady was like, "no you need to come down." Really?

3. 8 days and not even one smile or a pleasant greeting from any front office member or anyone at the gate.

4. I waited in the SPG line to be attended a few times, and was told to move to the general line, and join behind others.

5. Room cleaning was a joke. The carpet in the room was very dusty and I woke up everyday with teary eyes. The carpet in the halls was spotty and tearing out. The only thing nice was that the bed was comfortable. When I requested room cleaning, they would just come and make the bed, replace the towels and take the thrash out. I specifically told them twice to vaccum the room, but no one did. 8 days in a dirty room .. yah. Luckily, they had an option to deny room cleaning for 250 SPG points and I started doing so frequently after the 3rd day.

6. The room service ended up knocking every other morning at 9 or so to remind me to checkout. I told them everyday I was staying longer. Once, room cleaning barged into the room when I was n***d. Really? Didn't I just tell you in the morning that I was staying for 3 more days? And how about the Do Not Disturb sign outside. When I complained to the front office, I was told that the room service might have been confused. Really?

7. It has been a few days since I checked out and I am still waiting for the bonus starpoints (from skipping room cleaning to post). Between the two rooms, I had denied cleaning 10 times and received 10 of these cards they give out, that can be claimed for 250 points each on checkout. I gave all 10 to the lady on checkout, called Cathy, and she was like "I'll go put them in right now". Well she just put one of the ten in. I called the front office yesterday and they had no idea. Left a voicemail for the manager, but no return calls. So much for honesty?

This hotel is often priced as a 4 star (just 20% cheaper than other 5 stars in the area) but the service is that of a motel level. My wife, myself and my friend will not be staying here again. Maybe I was really unlucky, but I think I deserve better for a hotel charging nearly $200/night on full rates.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
fourpointschicago, General Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear S J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel during your recent stay in Downtown Chicago. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate situations that occured with the service and the facilty while a guest in our hotel. Our goal is to strive to exceed every guest's expectations and unfornately we fell short of our goal on numerous occasions and failed to meet or exceed your expecations. Please be assured I will personally follow up to ensure these service encounters are not repeated. I would also like to follow up with your daily SPG Points for participating in our "Make a Green Choice" program every day during your stay involving the Housekeeping Service. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future in order to regain your confidence in us. Please contact me directly at maryorlando@fourpointschicago.com at your convenience to confirm your SPG information. Thank you again for your comments.
Best regards,
Mary Orlando, General Manager
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lovely hotel, bedrooms had microwave, fridge and coffee machine. Recommended a fabulous restaurant.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rush, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Sue W,

Thank you for you recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a great restaurant recommendation! We hope to see you again soon.

Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I agree with the other reviews about location. The Trader Joe's was very convenient for breakfast foods (bring a spoon/fork on yr trip, that was my lesson), beer, and snacks. We loved that we could pick up several buses fm a block away. (Highly recommend Streetwise Downtown Chicago Transit map, $5 on Amazon, laminated, folds to pocket-size). We bought our 3-day transit passes after we got to the hotel fm a Walgreen's 4 blocks away.
Coffee and hot water downstairs is nice. Hotel interior was clean, newish, and linens were good. Close walk to good Italian restaurant Coco Pazzo, as well as popular Gino's East for deep-dish pizza. Get a take-out pizza and forget the lines if you're not in the mood (although the wait that night was 40 minutes so we went back to hotel and returned).

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kolea5,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! We're glad you found the location so conventient to your travel needs. It seems you came well prepared! We can provide you with a spoon and fork on your next trip. :) Hope to see you soon!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Rush? Share your experiences!