“Excellent venue - food great - service good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Polo Cafe & Catering Bridgeport U.S.A.

Polo Cafe & Catering Bridgeport U.S.A.
3322 S Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60608 (Southwest Side)
773-927-7656
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwest Side
Description: Located 10-15 minutes SW of Chicago's downtown, chef-owner-innkeeperDave Samber and his Staff continue to bring you "Something different... something wonderful!" through their excellence in hospitality. Whether it's Dinner on FRI or SAT, Lunch MON-FRI, or SAT's Brunch, you can count on delicious tastes and generous portions from the kitchen, and personal service from Rob and Adam in the 1914 candy store dining room. Host an event in our attached elegant Old Eagle Room (a renovated 97-year-old picture show) for up to 100 guests, or let us cater at your location; even stay for a weekend in the handsome Bridgeport B&B upstairs. Reservations are recommended; lighted parking is complimentary. Now in our 27th year, we offer our years of experience and commitment to bringing you back for more...nothing pretentious, priced right, totally Chicago!!
Southampton
“Excellent venue - food great - service good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I think the best thing about this venue is the ambience and environment. It's definitely worth visiting and the prices are very reasonable for where you are and the food served. It's feels like a very plush members club inside without being stuffy. We were a little under dressed for the occasion but no one cared and I think thats to its credit as a relaxed venue. I had the crab cakes which were definitely some of the best I've ever had. My friends salads looked equally good. The service was good but not up to the class of the venue or food. There was a mistake with one drink and we were served by several waiters rather than just one. Small thing though as overall it was very good and I'd definitely recommend to anyone wanting to eat in a classy but relaxed venue.

• Visited May 2012

Chicago
“Really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I find it very interesting and a little strange that this place is listed as #2 of over 4000 restaurants in Chicago. They serve a good breakfast but I was only in the place because I was in the neighborhood. I suppose if you live in Bridgeport this is your go-to place but I can't imagine traveling far to eat here. It is close to the ball park so I guess if you're going to see a game it's a perfectly OK place to stop in for a burger.

I'm not putting the place down, but I'm confused by all the 5 star rating.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Polo is excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have enjoyed both meals at the restaurant and catered dinners in the adjoining and unique banquet hall. Chef/owner David Samber is an enthusiastic and skilled chef. Both his personality and his food are delightful. Well worth a trip to the south side for a real taste of Chicago.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Wow. What a gem!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Took my family for brunch and feel in love with the place. Not to mention I live in Chicago all my life and discovered this wonderful place. The minute we walked in to check in I was welcomed as if i was family. The buffet table had a variety of delicious treats. The experience was phenomenal!!! Can not wait to go back for the French Toast with light and sweet syrup. It's by far the best in town.

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing food! Friendly service! Lots of history!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Polo Cafe has some of the best food I've ever had in Chicago. The owner, Dave, is very friendly and it feels like you've known him for years after you've only known him for five minutes. The Bridgeport location has lots of interesting and Dave can tell you a lot about it. Ask him about his connection to the novel "Galway Bay" by Mary Pat Kelly!

• Visited March 2012