“Nice space, food not great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Louie Hyde Park

Bar Louie Hyde Park
5500 South Shore Dr., Chicago, IL (Hyde Park)
773-363-5300
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,947 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
“Nice space, food not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

i came in to watch the World Cup soccer match. Ordered the fish and chips. they came really quickly, but the fish was raw. They offered to comp me for my meal, but I paid for half. Gave me dessert on the house as a people offering. Strawberry shortcake. It was awful. Short cake, it seems like splces of bread, was grilled, and it tasted burnt very disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Nice place in Hyde Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We eat here regularly when we visit our Chicago home. Good pub grub. Service is super hit or miss. We will keep going.

Chicago
“Good Lunch option in Hyde Park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are looking for a sit down restaurant for lunch in Hyde Park this is a good option. The food is average and the service is only average but the prices are fair and this location is near the lake and away from the 53rd street congestion. They have great food and drink specials also. Much better place for the bar scene that the restaurant.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“They honored our troops and vets !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am recommending Bar Louie's for 2 reasons. Reason number one is that they do have good food. And reason number two is that they honored our troops and veterans last year during the Veterans Day holiday season by giving any soldier or vet who entered their doors a free meal. And what I really appreciated was that they gave you a very good meal choice from their menu. I ate at another restaurant for free during that time and they gave you a personal pizza that wasn't worth alarming the troops about and rang it up at $13. It wasn't even worth that price. But at Bar Louie's I had the "Blue Louie", which was a burger with blue cheese, bacon, spinach, buffalo sauce and seasoned fries. The meal was delicious and the regular price was $10.49, even though it was free for me. But I felt like they were serious about showing their appreciation to our soldiers and vets. I recommend Bar Louie ....And I salute Bar Louie of Oak Park, Il.

Visited August 2012
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Utterly confused?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you like to waste time go to Bar Louie. We went on a Monday for lunch and the place was pretty empty so service shouldn't have been a problem. Boy were we wrong. Our waiter Chuck took our order like if we were bothering him. The food took forever to prepare and when we did get our food he never asked if we needed anything else the rest of the meal. We even had to walk to another table to get some ketchup. We had to hunt him down to get our checks and when he came with them he never said a word. The food was decent though. Also the restrooms were some of the dirtiest I have ever been in. I can't believe that a restaurant should be allowed to stay open with unsanitary restrooms they have. Even the door to the restroom was sticky. I will never dine here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere