“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Washington, DC
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic location, gorgeous hip decor, friendly service....great experience! Entire staff including the bellman who great you to the people who check you in, all very friendly. I had the corner room with floor to ceiling corner windows, just beautiful! Worth the extra money. Bathroom was modern and nicely done.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hotel is very hip and trendy. Staff is very outgoing and welcoming. Walking distance to everything beach, dining and Magnificent Mile. Only complaint was reservation requests were not fullfilled. Other than that the hotel exceeded expectations.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had read many reviews on trip advisor and other sites for months before I picked the Thompson.I actually had it narrowed down to the Thompson and another hotel.I finally chose the Thompson because of the area and the car service. I was not disappointed. As soon as I stepped out of the cab , I felt welcomed. And it was a heartfelt welcome, as if I had been coming there frequently.Everything from check in to check out was flawless. Everyone there went above and beyond to insure that I had a problem-free and stress-free time. I got there early---"no problem.
we figured you would be here early so your room is ready". When I was checking out , they stored my luggage until I was ready to leave Chicago..I wanted to take the bus one day but didn't know where the stop was.The front desk manager walked me to the bus stop.The room was pristine.The shower got as hot as I wanted it to be.I just had to figure out how to turn the knobs further than the initial stop (must be a safety device built in).I.got more towels than one person could use at one time. .The robe was thick and soft.They even provided slippers.The alarm clock had a nature sounds feature.The hotel driver went out of his way for me (the hotel car is a
Lexus). The concierge Sean was awesome.I was there from a Tuesday to a Friday and he always had answers to my questions.He arranged a car service to pick me up from the Queen concert.My only job was to enjoy my stay in Chicago and the Thompson took care of everything else.I stayed on a higher floor and had a fantastic view.I could go on and on and on about the Thompson but I don't know how much space I have left.I plan on making more trips to Chicago and won't stay anywhere else....

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone was so helpful and nice. Gary expecally made our experience the best! Our room was very trendy and clean. I would recommend a bench for smokers and a proper place to put our cigarette butts.
I will be telling my friends and coworkers that the Thompson is the only place to stay.

Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay at the Thompson Chicago. Super friendly staff. The location was great and a nice walk to the lake or river. Also near the public bicycle rentals for a nice ride along the lake. The staff helped us get a dinner reservation in a great restaurant. The team at the Thompson helped make our first visit to Chicago a great one. We had a corner room with both lake and city views from the 18th floor. We also witnessed a powerful lightning storm from our room. Wow!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Thompson Chicago for a weekend getaway. This hotel exceeded all my expectations by far. -- The decor is chic & aesthetically pleasing to the eye. As you walk in, you'll feel the coziness of a modern & quaint boutique hotel.

The customer service was professional, friendly and very helpful. The location is perfect if you are looking to stay around less "touristy" restaurants in Chicago. Yet, Michigan Ave is right around the corner from the Thompson - making everything accessible within walking distance.

The Thompson hotel lived up to every picture on their website. This Chicago gem is by far my favorite so far - it's chic, intimate and MAGNIFICENT!

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived at The Thompson, our experience was nothing less than perfect. Staying for an anniversary weekend, we were immediately upgraded to a posh penthouse suite, which was impeccably clean and amazingly comfortable. The staff was not at all pretentious (which you often find at a hotel of this caliber), but instead was helpful, welcoming, professional and accommodating. It was not an inexpensive stay, but for the special occasion, it was worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Thompson Chicago? Share your experiences!