“Our New Favorite Place to Stay in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thompson Chicago

You added Thompson Chicago to your Saves list
Thompson Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 E. Bellevue Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Rate
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Sarasota, Florida
“Our New Favorite Place to Stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just returned home from an 8 day stay at the Thompson Chicago and everything about our experience was positive. To start, the location couldn't be better. Walking distance to all the best shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel is beautifully appointed, with a hip vibe and and thoughtful design. There were 3 of us traveling, 2 in regular rooms and 1 in a suite. All rooms were spacious with really comfortable beds, fabulous bathrooms, fantastic views and really cool decor. But the BEST thing about the Thompson Chicago is the staff. Everyone exceeded our expectations. The front desk staff was extremely efficient and so pleasant! Working with Cheryl, the concierge was delightful. Very knowledgable and a real sweetheart! And Gary, Verdell, Louis, Sam, Dan and Edwin… what can I say? These guys are stellar!!! Always smiling, so cheerful and eager to help. They made our stay so enjoyable. Even the housekeeping staff (especially the lovely woman who took care of my sons rooms on the 11th floor :) did a great job and were so personable. It was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. We love visiting Chicago and look forward to staying at the Thompson the next time we are in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We've stayed at Thompson hotels in NYC and DC, and were happy to find that they had opened a new hotel in Chicago. We were just in town for one night, but it was fantastic. The lobby is chic, but welcoming, with a fire warming you up as you enter. The restaurant wasn't opened yet. Check in was a breeze. We had booked through travel-zoo, so were a little nervous that we'd get the smallest room in the house, so we were delighted to open the door to find a spacious corner room on the 11th floor - room 1113. Really beautiful, lovely room. Great decor. Comfortable seating area. Fun art. I loved the bathroom - even though I usually hate rain showers. I will say that the tile flooring was freezing, but it was beautiful, so I won't complain. Super nice bath products. And my favorite touch in a while in any hotel - a night light setting in the bathroom. Comfortable bed with lovely linens! The staff was all incredibly friendly. And if you don't know Chicago very well, trust me, this is a fantastic location. Great spot!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor for a great view of Chicago.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Thompson Hotel is a stylish and modern hotel with an excellent staff and service. The vibe is luxurious with a slightly masculine feel thanks to the tweed fabrics and dark woods and tiles. Located in the Gold Coast it makes for an excellent stay in the city close to many restaurants and shopping. Once the restaurant and bar open next month (Dec. 2013) it will be even better.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great service!!!!!!! I love the Thompson Hotel chain so I was excited to try the new hotel in Chicago. Beautiful rooms, bathroom, great size with a Lake Michigan view. Steps from Oak St shopping.We really want to go back when the restaurant is open. The space is absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Stock the minibar with more bottled water and snacks.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I came up to Chicago for the weekend to see the holiday parade and get away for a while. Let me just say, I wish the weekend was longer so we would have more time to spend at the Thompson Hotel!

The interior- gorgeous! The decor is so intricate and cozy. I could spend an afternoon just sitting in the lobby.
The staff- fabulous and extremely helpful. They were full of suggestions where to eat, sit for the parade, and shop.
The location- only a few blocks from awesome shopping. Even though it was about 20 degrees, it was no problem walking to the magnificent mile.

We have definitely been made fans of this hotel and will plan to stay here anytime we come back to Chicago. Best place we have stayed so far- hands down!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Huge Shoutout for EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE exhibited by THE WORLD'S BEST CONCIERGE Mark Roberts!!!!

I found Mark to be EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND ACCOMODATING!

In fact, he went above the call of duty in helping me & my wife
create a Very Special start to a Great Weekend for my
Brother in Law & Wife, -- Guests of The Thompson Chicago Hotel.

Bravo Mark! - Next time I'm in town, I'll stop in and shake your hand.

Best Regards!

Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed 5 days at this wonderful hotel.
Staff was extremely helpful and polite.

Wireless for free!

Beds are the best.. I thought that my own bed was the best.. I was wrong..Thompson Hotel has the best beds !

Beautiful design, clean, fresh.

Location is perfect, close to everything the city has to offer.

Thank you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Thompson Chicago? Share your experiences!