“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder

Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder
2121 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614-4613 (Lincoln Park)
(773) 248-2570
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Description: Known for Pizza Pot Pie and Oven Grinder sandwiches. Pizza Pot Pie named Best Cheese recipe in the USA as seen on cable TV.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Read about this place in TripAdvisor and went out of our way to get to it. Very hole-in-the wall atmosphere with great food. Had pizza that our waitress recommended. We weren't disappointed and were glad that we made it a point to go there. They only accept cash for payment.

Visited July 2014

Troy
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We sat at the bar and waited for our table. You will likely wait for a table. The drinks were mostly below average quality/mixing. However, the bartenders were exceptionally nice, inviting, and genuine.

Drinks: Very strong but the conversation got us past that.

Service: The service here is top notch. It's not necessarily fine dining staff but it's perfect for what it is. They will take very good care of you.

Appetizer: The mediterranean bread was suburb. Highly recommend this as it was our favorite part.

Entree: Pizza pot pie. This was also very good and satisfying in every way. Highly recommend

This establishment is worth going out of your way to visit for a dinner in the city.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belvidere, Illinois
“Stumbled onto Happiness!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Due to a screw up on our lunch plans, we had to find a new place to have lunch yesterday. Asked my daughter to find places nearby and this place came up. I remembered seeing it on a t.v. show and so off we went. Tried to get into the wrong door but a nice neighbor directed us to the right one. This place is very small but cozy. I was surprised that it was cash only but that was okay. Only thing negative I have to say is that charging per glass for pop is a bit tacky. Other than that the food was excellent! The pizza pie, salad and grinder were to die for and worth the cost. But the best part was our waiter Ken. When we entered, we were not greeted very friendly but hey, its Chicago so I expect it. However, when Ken took over as waiter, he was a breath of fresh air. He explained everything to us "newbies" patiently, gave suggestions, always had an upbeat attitude and smiled with every word. He was the sunshine in a bit of a dour place. The atmosphere is cozy and old school with Sinatra coming out of the pipes and the food and price were to die for, but if not for our waiter, I don't believe I would go back with my family. Recommend going when they open at lunch to avoid crowds. Walk there as no parking really and call ahead and see if Ken is working!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The greeting was great we sat ate a salad enjoyed if not the most one.of the.most relaxing environments I've ever been to their pizza pot pie is amazing....blew my mind very friendly and for a great price

Stephenson, Virginia
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had heard a lot about this restaurant before I went, and was very excited to try it. When I arrived (with a party of four on a Saturday afternoon at 5 p.m.), there was already a significant wait. Once we were seated, we were impressed by the atmosphere, which was bustling and cozy. We had the bread (okay), the salad (very good), and the pizza pot pie. The pot pie was a bit of a disappointment because, even thought it was a half-pounder, that half-pound was mostly dough (there was very little in the way of meat or mushrooms). Also, the price is fairly high --for four, it cost about $120. Nevertheless, I left very full and happy to have visited the restaurant because it was a unique experience amidst other more conventional Chicago dining experiences.

Visited June 2014