“Good, But Service Could Be Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Black Duck Tavern & Grille - CLOSED

Black Duck Tavern & Grille
1800 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60614-5058 (Lincoln Park)
312-664-1801
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Steakhouse, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cleveland, OH
“Good, But Service Could Be Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The food here is great. I love the room- the lighting, the bar... Everything is almost ideal. The only thing I dislike is that more times than not, I get the sensation that the staff would rather be pulling out their toenails, one by one, than be waiting on clients,

Visited October 2011

Mattawan, Michigan
“Great place to relax and eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I took our daughter and two friends to the Black Duck after debating where to go for a non-bar-food meal. The atmosphere was very nice with music greeting you as you enter and as a great background during the meal (we were able to talk easily but it gave the place a nice atmosphere). We had excellent service and enjoyed our food tremendously. We shared two bottles of wine - one Merlot ( excellent!!!) that even the non-red drinkers enjoyed and one of Cabernet. We had the calamari, grilled, as an appetizer - it was a little heavy on the seasoning, but very tender. Four at our table got the Crab Cake sandwich - a slice of dark rye topped with w/ a generous crab cake and then a crab topping. I ordered the walleye, my favorite fish, and it was very moist and tender. All sides were the vegetable mix of broccoli, zucchine, carrots and peppers in a generous portion. The manager gifted us two desserts and the girls went for the brownie concoction ( brownie, ice cream and chocolate sauce) and we chose Key Lime pie and the other - both enjoyed by all! We never felt neglected by the service staff and also not rushed to get thru our meal. Overall we were all very pleased with the experience and will go back again! A perfect place to gather to catch up with friends or family!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Just was at Black Duck last night with my husband. We are new to the neighborhood and we were pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere and good food.I had the Tuna appetizer which was fresh and my husband had the steak sandwich which was big and delicious. The manager really made us feel welcome and made a point to stop by our table. The reviews below do not match our experience at all. We will be back for sure.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
gtg944q
“Ignore the shills on here and stay away from this dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

This place is, no joke, the worst place I have been in my year and a half living in Chicago. Anyone who has positive things to say about this place has clearly never actually been there. The food was terrible- my girlfriend got a $25 steak that was CHARCOAL after she ordered it "medium rare". I got a $20 sandwich that was tiny, not nearly enough to fill me up. I don't know if I was more pissed off by the fact that our food was so crappy, or that we paid such a ridiculous amount for it! We also ordered a pitcher of overpriced, watered-down Sangria. We were served by a woman (I got the impression she was the manager) who visited our table twice during the whole meal- and both times she was rude. It's no wonder that the place was empty. I will NEVER be back here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Awful Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I am astounded at what a horrible time I had at this resturant. The staff was rude, the prices were unfair, and the management seemed to have no concern over their client's satisfaction or enjoyment. In a city with so many exciting and fabulous dining options I was amazed to find one so terrible. Definatly skip this one.

If you own or manage Black Duck Tavern & Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.