“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maggiano's Little Italy

Maggiano's Little Italy
516 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654-7102 (Near North Side)
312-644-7700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Transit: 2 blocks west of the Grand Red Line Stop.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The food was very good and the staff was very attentive. I went with several co-workers and had the family style dinner which gave us a a diverse selection where we got to try several different items. It is a great restaurant for large celebrations with family, friends or business associates. My favorite was the Chicken and Truffle Tortelloni which is served with a white wine cream sauce that is simply amazing but the other options we tried (Lobster Carbonara; Chicken Saltimbocca, the Garlic Mashed Potato's, Grilled Asparagus and Calamari) were also excellent -

Visited October 2012

Illinois
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We spent the weekend in Chicago to do some holiday shopping. We made reservations at Maggiano's for Saturday at 8 p.m. We arrived 30 minutes early and waited in the bar. The bartender was friendly and accommodating. We actually only waited 15 minutes for our table, even though it was very busy. We enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant. The host who seated us and our waiter were very professional and efficient. We had bruschetta (very good), followed by Chicken Francese for me and Linguine di Mare for my husband. The pace of the meal was good, and the food was delicious. We were too full to have dessert, but ordered some cake to go for later. The waiter packaged everything up and put it in a convenient bag, which we appreciated. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others who are seeking an authentic Italian meal.

• Visited December 2012
Griffith, Indiana
“LOVE IT !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've never had a bad meal here. My husband loves the lasagna. Portions are big and tastey. I love the chicken dishes. They are all delicious. We've never gone in the evening, would say it's a little casual during the day.

• Visited October 2012
Franklin Ohio
“My Fav Restaurant in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've since tried Maggiano's at other locations but none are quite as good as the Chicago Location which was my first Maggiano's. The portions are often huge and the price is great for the amount and quality you get. Don't even bother with a salad ... their salads are ok but you need all the tummy space for the meal. Their desserts are good but we usually just get them to go because we are too full at that moment.
Their Lasagna is great and their mushroom Ravioli is one of our favs but we usually get 2 or 3 things and share ... and take the left overs home for dinner. If you are going in a group dining family style is fun ... and a good way to try several things .. They keep the bowls full.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Quite expensive, not impressive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wasn't exactly sold on this place. A few girl friends and I went here before we went to my bachelorette party downtown.About a week before we made a 5:30 reservation just to make sure there wouldn't be any extreme waiting since we had a tight schedule that night. We were expecting to get there, get seated and start and instead ended up waiting for around 15-20 minutes after our reservation time to get seated. That was a definite negative. What is the point of a reservation if you still have to wait?

Then we got drinks which were fine but not spectacular for the price. I paid about $11 for an extremely small glass of some-kind of watered down long island iced tea. We decided to go family style since we looked around and saw that the portion sizes were giant, so we split 2 entrees among the 3 of us and got salads to start off with. The eggplant Parmesan pasta was decent but not very flavorful and not what I was expecting with the reputation this place has. We got some other kind of bowtie pasta that tasted like chicken noodle soup so none of us even touched it. The service was good, though she rarely got a chance to come around. Overall I would say pass on this place if you are looking for an authentic italian experience and definitely pass if you are looking to spend less than $100 on two people.

• Visited December 2012