“A favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord India Restaurant

Gaylord India Restaurant
100 E. Walton St., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)
(312) 664-1700
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Chicago
“A favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visit Gaylord frequently for the lunch buffet, for dinner and for take-out. The lunch buffet is a good value and has a nice variety (although recently they seem to not have lamb dishes on the buffet -- cost issue?) Wide variety to choose from on the menu for dinner. Sag gosht and chicken tikka masala are our usual take-out dishes -- always enjoyable. Make sure to keep your reciepts for a discount on your next visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Wish I discovered this sooner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have walked down Walton a million times, and I'm so bummed I didn't realize this was here until my co-workers told me about it... it's below street level. I've been missing out on great Indian food so close to work for years! I liked the atmosphere. Free salad bar with sauces and chutney are a bonus. The four of us shared two appetizers and four entrees, and we had plenty of food. The entrees come with rice. My favorite was the lamb, Saag Meat - the chunks of lamb were really tender, almost melt in your mouth, and served in a creamy spinach sauce. All of the dishes had fresh spices, and were very savory and flavorful. There was nothing I didn't enjoy. If you order the naan, try the garlic, it is seasoned well and not too strong. I will definitely be back here in the near future. Also the prices were very reasonable for the quality and portion size. We went after work on a Friday, right at 5:30, and by the time we left it was packed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty Indian food just off Michigan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As a big curry fan living in the UK, it wasn't long into my trip before I was feeling the need for some Indian food. The Gaylord India Restaurant did not disappoint. Service is efficient and friendly. Complimentary salads, chutneys and small popadoms are provided, though I found the pops a little greasy. The curries were very tasty and fresh and ample rice provided to compliment them is included in the price. This made for a very reasonably priced meal which we enjoyed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretty authentic Indian food. Reminds me of the restaurants of Mumbai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this restaurant! I've been going to this place for years now and I never tire of it. It reminds me of the food you can get in a fine restaurant in Mumbai, hence it passes my authenticity test (and I'm Indian from India).

I highly recommend the Malai Kebabs here. You don't always find Malai kebabs on Indian menus and this place makes it just like home. The meat is always marinated and tender, grilled to perfection. It practically melts in your mouth! Hands down, is this the dish they are experts in! I also love the chicken makhani. You can't go wrong with either of these. Their mango lassis are perfect too... I can't stop raving about this place to my friends and nobody has disagreed with me before!

The restaurant offers a vast array of chutneys and savory sauces to add to your plate, complimentary with your meal. The entrees are served with rice, and I usually order some of their naan with my meal (also made to perfection). I'm really picky when it comes to Indian food... and I feel that a lot of restaurants try to turn down the volume of their dishes to satisfy the masses... but this place has consistently delivered quality and great quantity for their price. They also deliver!

After you've tried the food at Gaylord's, you will definitely come to appreciate authentic Indian cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked we knew it would be good. It was packed with Indian families. Sunday buffet --cant beat it! I recomend when in a rush and looking for good taste and value.