“Worth the Try!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
1028 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611-1208 (Gold Coast)
312-266-8999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,383 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.
Fort Myers
“Worth the Try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went as a group to eat and with the call ahead we where able to get in fairly quick. The wine list and service was good and the atmosphere was loud and fun. Not the place for a quite date. You are on top of each other. A variety of steaks to choose from We had the filet. It was cooked MR and the taste was good I just happen to like a little seasoning on my steak so I was a little disappointed. All in all it was fun and worth trying at least once.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Galloway, New Jersey
“A must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had dinner, total of 12 people.
The place is iconic and one of the places to be while in Chicago.

Our waiter described the large menu in a detailed manner. Advised us what to look for in a cut of meat and helped us pick our entrees depending on our desire.
After we all had our orders he took a poll of what we wanted for starters and made recommendations accordingly.
He took all our orders without writing one thing down!

A fantastic vibe and atmosphere. Every time I am in Chicago I stop here.

San Diego, California
“Over-rated and unfriendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were excited to try Gibsons as it is known as a Chicago institution. The place is very noisy. Our tables backed right up to the next one to the point that my chair was touching the guy behind me. The service is less than average as you have to hunt down your waiter. The food is below average for a steakhouse -- chains like Ruths Chris, Donovans, Mastros, Mortons are much better. For us the final straw came when couple of us left early and the waiter came charging after us on the street accussing us of skipping the check. He ordered us to come back in and wait in the lobby while he verified if there were others from our party still at the table (which we had told him there were). He never bothered to return and apologize. The manager didn't care when we raised the issue with him.

Overall an extremely poor experience. This place makes its money based on past reputation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“This will get your red meat fix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This will get your red meat fix. I love the dirty martinis and the Sinatra feel to the place. It is a little pricy but of course it's worth every dollar.

Boardman, Ohio
“Great, even if you don't eat steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I know this experience was somewhat wasted on me, as I do not eat meat, however I still enjoyed an excellent meal. I had salad and crab cakes, which were delicious, ans the drinks were very good as well. Fun atmosphere (we were seated in the bar area). Over all a good experience.

• Visited September 2012