“Good but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon
Bank of America Theater, 18 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL (Downtown / The Loop)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 145 Theater & Concerts in Chicago
18 attraction reviews
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was excited to see Book of Mormon as all of the reviews and recommendations from friends were great. I thought it was good but not as good as the reviews made it out to be. The music wasn't anything special and the humor pretty predictable. All in all, I am glad I saw it but I won't rush out to see it again.

Visited August 2013

6 attraction reviews
“Mormon's Book In Living Color”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Fabulous and faithful retelling of The Book Of Mormon story. That said, it's not for everyone. Very adult, very irreverent and outrageously funny!

Visited September 2013
Barrington, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
“hasa diga eebowai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just have to say i was very reserved, even being a lover of south park i wasn't sure this would keep my attention or be very entertaining. The story line was really good. The jokes just kept flying along with the many swears. The songs are very addicting. The casting was fantastic along with their performance. The sets were really good as well. The show leaves today and i got to see it last night which was so fantastic. I'm ok with swearing so i was ok with all of the jokes but some things even took me back but it was all amazing. It was the south park again poking fun at another religion and they usually like to do mormon and this time brought it across the world via a fun musical. The musical does have some good messages here and there that aren't hidden. I went with a big group and many were really thrilled with the show although some were surprised with the amount of swears but it was ok by us so we just enjoyed the fantastic ride. Sad i waited so long to see it since it is leaving today, i want to at least see it once more.

Visited October 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
9 attraction reviews
“SOOO Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I really enjoyed this performance. You gotta be liberal minded to see it, which I am. I thought it was clever and funny and really well done. The actors were all excellent, it was non-stop action, a feast for the the eyes. I laughed and laughed and am still laughing. I could go again!

Visited September 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Ugh.. Save your money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Where to start. Great performers, bad story line. Either I do not get it or it was just really bad. If your OK with swearing ever min and a story line that is sub par. I am a fan of south park and I usually laugh pretty hard, with that being said, it was not even a good south park episode. The theater was selling drinks with ice in them as well, so I happened to get stuck next to a someone chomping on ice for 1/4 the show, I still do not understand the need to have a 9$ booze, and they let you inside with it just keep the food and drinks outside. All in all it just "Click and turn it off"

Visited February 2013