“Come Here Every Time I'm in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Connie's Pizza-Bridgeport

Connie's Pizza-Bridgeport
2373 S Archer Ave, Chicago, IL 60616-1857 (Formerly Connie's Pizza) (Southwest Side)
312-326-3443
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Connie's Pizza-Bridgeport is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southwest Side
Cross street: Canal and Halsted
Description: Connie's Pizza on Archer Avenue is Chicago's best kept secret for delicious Italian dishes and of course, pizza. Our flagship location is an icon in Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood. Just minutes from the Loop, its spacious dining room can accommodate up to 400 people and has enough parking for everyone, but that's not all... Our delicious food is also available for catering any size party. Our professional management team will assist you with all of your catering needs. We can create a menu or you can create your own, choosing from selections of fresh salads, pastas with homemade sauces, signature sandwiches, our famous pizza and our desserts even Grandma would be jealous of!
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Come Here Every Time I'm in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband is from Chicago and every time we fly in, my in-laws take us to Connie's on the first night. I LOVE IT. The pizza is exactly how I like my pizza: delicious crust, good sauce, chewy cheese... the best is just sausage and cheese middleweight crust. Delicious! The service is always great as well.

My mother-in-law actually threw my bridal shower at Connie's and it was a fun place for a small party. Everyone loved the pizza and the staff was great.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Deerfield, Illinois
“Pricey Wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I and a group of coworkers have been going to Connies as a group for quite some time. The big problem of late is that the restaurant, which is basically a neighborhood pizza place, charges downtown prices for their wine, and every item on the pizza adds $ to it sot for our group eating appetizers and pizza and drinking some wine, the cost becomes higher than it should be, in my opinion. There is no bottle of wine on the list that is under $35. It could be said that maybe we should not drink the wine, but it is a convivial way to start the evening, and one bottle hardly is enough for 10 or more people. Our service is always outstanding as we have a regular waiter who takes good care of us. It is the price point I am complaining about. They should truly consider adding one or two bottles of reasonably priced wine, say in the $27-$28 dollar range. Of course, that would necessitate changing the menu. We will not stop going there, but I hope they get the suggestion and take it seriously.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Deep Dish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been coming here for years and the pizza is always good. I am a big fan of their deep dish pizza. They also have the best garlic dressing. This place is also great for large family get-together's and the service is consistently good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had the chance to eat here and then take their van to the Bears Game at Soldier Stadium, yes its free with your meal!! The food is absolutely amazing, their pizza is by far some of the best that I've ever had. They also have amazing sandwiches and are very reasonably priced.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Go before or after a sox game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you want a real Chicago experience go to white sox game, we need the support. This pizza is great. I am sure you have seen connies in other places, but if you go to the original it is much better. The have parking and take reservations.

• Visited July 2012