“The sides” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Diner, Swedish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Ottawa
“The sides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great breakfast - we had eggs benny with smoked salmon, PLUS two sides! One, plus two monster cinnamon rolls! We each took one away with us because we were so full. The waiter was very concientious.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Great old Swedish Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

A neighborhood gem. They are located in the GLBT area. They have real authentic Swedish meals. Lingenberry, celery root gravy and all the food is exceptional.

Visited May 2012
St. Paul, MN
“Yummy breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed breakfast here recently. She ordered the (Rachael Ray recommended) french toast dish and I ordered an omelet with the intention we would share with one another. I didn't realize my omelet came with 2 "sides" so I ordered the cinnamon rolls they are known for and fresh fruit (which would counteract all the calories we'd both just ordered!) Everything was very good, but it really was too much food for us- if we could do it over we would have been fine just splitting my omelet, cinnamon rolls and fruit. For the amount of food you get, the prices are quite reasonable and we had excellent service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We tried this for breakfast based on a recommendation from a friend. Not disappointed! Great food - huge portions - Cinnamon rolls were great! I had eggs benedict with smoked salmon... oh my.... yummy! The service was friendly and attentive. We will be back!

Visited October 2012
Chicago, IL
“A Fantasy for your Tastebuds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was there for lunch, but had to opt for the dish that Rachael Ray raved about called French Toast Fantasy. It did not disappoint. It was the concept of stuffed french toast, but instead of bread they used their famous cinnamon buns. So good, very sweet.
The service was top-notch as the server came over right away and took our drink orders, and came back every so often to refill waters, etc. I would recommend going during an off-peak time because I have been there on a weekend during breakfast hours and the wait can be over an hour sometimes. So, lunch on a week day might be better and you can still get the great breakfast options.

Visited October 2012