“Great Pancakes and Omelets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toast

Toast
746 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614-3747 (Lincoln Park)
(773) 935-5600
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Pancakes and Omelets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Toast has a great selection of pancakes, which you can’t find at too many places, and omelets. The restaurant is very small - we went on a weekday, and the restaurant was full.so I’m sure that the weekends are very hectic. Prices are a bit on the high side, but worth it for a breakfast treat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Awesome! Just go and enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Terrific breakfasts and bloody marys. Get there early because there may be a line going out the door and down the street. Very popular spot. Due to the QUALITY of the food and the entire operation of the place.

Visited February 2014
Petra - Wadi Musa, Jordan
“Skip the stuffed french toast, but do come here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hoorayyyy brunch! Any place where breakfast food is the focus, not simply a concession offered to me if I happen to get out of bed and get my butt to the restaurant early enough-- that's a win in my book.

I had the stuffed french toast here, which was extravagant and over-the-top... but I actually wish I had gotten the eggs, and not because of the caloric catastrophe I wreaked upon my digestive system. The french toast came with one of each-- a mascarpone-filled, a strawberry-filled, and a Mexican chocolate-filled. The best was by far the Mexican chocolate-filled french toast; it had the most filling, the most flavor, and the most moisture. The french toast are sort of strangely shaped, like big bready logs, which could be really cool but I didn't really feel like the flavor matched my hopes and expectations.

The eggs being served at all the tables around me, though, looked hot and perfectly cooked and delicious. I love the vibe here, it's super cute... So I'd definitely like to come back and try something else on the menu that actually is as good as it sounds!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great chorizo w/ eggs ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great $$$ menu! Kinda a small spot, get there when they open.Only ate there for breakfast. Overall take a local with you, good food...

Birmingham, AL
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

A friend I was with loves this restaurant and insisted on bringing us on our first trip to Chicago. She told the waiter this, and he gave us a free dish, which was delicious. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on the menu and made excellent recommendations. Within our group, we had bloody marys and mimosas, and all were very yummy. I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes. Our waiter suggested that I order the Two Eggs instead and get the chocolate chip pancakes as my side. Also with the two eggs came a side of bread. I was very pleased with his recommendation as I got a little of everything instead of just the pancakes that I had originally been ordering. Would definitely recommend.

Visited December 2013