“A fun, romantic and unique dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geja's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 8,382 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lincoln and Clark
Transit: Brown Line to Sedgewick / North
Toronto
“A fun, romantic and unique dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Living in Toronto, it's difficult to find unique, novel dining experiences - we are spoiled with such a variety here. But I learned of Geja's Café from a Chicago expat I work with and am so grateful he passed on this little gem. The atmosphere is wonderful - individual little "rooms" almost that make you feel like you're dining in your own little world - and the food and wine is all superb. And it's in a fun, walking around kind of neighbourhood that makes for a great night out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My fiancée and I went there for her birthday dinner during a trip to Chicago, and we loved it. The food was excellent (beef tenderloin was melt-in-your-mouth good). The wait staff was attentive and explained the best procedure for cooking each item. We definitely plan on dining here again on future visits to the Chicago area.

Visited June 2014
boston, ma
“Unique dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Fun and fulfilling, good quality food, loved every course- and the variety- including veggies and dessert too.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Second visit was MUCH better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My initial review of this place was not so good (there was a very big issue that the restaurant did not handle well), but the manager took note of our dissatisfaction and sent us a gift card to give the restaurant another chance. Frankly, I'm glad we did because our second time around was much better and I wish this was our experience on our anniversary a month ago. I really appreciated the manager noticing our dissatisfaction and caring to make it right for us, because based on the popularity of the restaurant, I feel they easily could have ignored us as well.

We had a booth this time and our server, Shannon, was more energetic and friendly than our server from the first time. She did a great job of making us feel attended to and welcome and really, she alone made our experience 10x better. The food was great and Shannon made some very helpful suggestions on meat and sauce pairings that tasted wonderful together. After this experience we would definitely consider coming back for future special occasions.

I also have to add that the booth made a HUGE difference. It had a great ambiance, and actually had room for us to enjoy our meal without feeling squashed into a small table. The booths need to be specifically requested though before you get there, so thats just a tip for anyone coming here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middlebury, Indiana
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Fondue with cheese, breads, salad, then main and dessert all cooked at your table with the pots. Very good food and service. We had a cozy booth. I would advise only to get one premier dinner and share and then buy a la carte if you think it would not be enough. We each got a premier dinner and was way more than we could eat. I asked for the chocolate without the orange flambé and really like it. I would go again. Make reservations.

Visited May 2014